Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Water Cure & Decarb Bud Before Making Oil?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Toker., Nov 2, 2016.

1. So I have some bud that was not flushed properly before being harvested.

I want to water cure it in a mason jar, replacing the water twice daily for a few days.

I want to decarb it before making oil with it.

Do I have to completely dry the bud out after the water cure before putting it in the oven to decarb it?

As for making the oil, I haven't decided if I want to use moonshine as a solvent to make hash oil, or use olive oil to make a less potent infused olive oil.

I'm leaning towards using olive oil because the amount of bud I'm using won't make much hash oil if I used alcohol and evaporated it.

2. @toker
    Water hash or dry ice hash either method works and neither need a water cure..
    Your other options are Tincture using ever clear.. This can be reduced to increase potency.. Full reduction is RSO
    Straight oil transfer (coconut oil is best) Where you immerse decarbed weed in oil and heat at 220 F for an hour.. Strain weed with potato ricer and discard spent weed.. I do a 1 to 1 ratio of weed to oil usually in 1 cup batches.. Rough grind and decarb 240 F for 40 minutes..
    My dry ice hash oil thread has detailed directions..
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    BNW

3. Okay thanks for the advice.

If I water cure it, does it have to be conpletely dried before decarbing it?

4. I like a water cure- gets the chlorophyll out and any nutes left in the buds. I do it just like you for seven days. I prefer to do a water cure if I'm making bho which is all I make my oil/butter/tincture with, improves the taste. I dry it before decarb- it doesn't take long. I put it in a colander with a fan flowing over it. Even when I strain the water through a coffee filter I don't get any trichomes- they stay put in the bud. Use tap water, not hot or cold. Recommended decarb is 40 minutes at 240F. Have fun!

5. Okay, in order to air dry the bud quicker after the water cure, can I mince the bud BEFORE the water cure? Or should I keep the buds in tact?

6. Anyone?