Water chiller

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by alien man, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Hey guys I just installed a water chiller on my DWC [​IMG]hydroponic system. I didn't realize how much condensation the same creates flooding my tent. And it's just a little chiller! Any suggestions!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Maybe a shallow cake pan? Then collect that water and use for your humidifier or something. What kinda chiller is that?

3. An ice probe. Hasn't killed the more water much yet but it does say it takes a day or two.... what do you think?

4. Yeah the cake pan works I put a towel on it too

5. Hasn't cooled much water yet I mean

6. That looks like a little piezoelectric chiller in which case it's not gonna accomplish a whole lot in any system with more than a few gallons and anything but slight ambient heat.

What are you working with and what issues were you having (other than warm water)?

7. Just water that is 77. I only have 5 Gallons of water. For some reason this a little ice pro made my tent so hot the alarm came off last night.

8. I think it may be because I had a cake pan to catch the water. Overnight the small cake pan filled up and the water was touching the fan I don't know if that made it overheat because the condensate couldn't come out

9. It was the carbon filter and fan. The duct came off the fan and the carbon filter and made my temperatures skyrocket of course. As far as the ice probe it just needs a huge bucket to get all that condensation for such a little probe that's my biggest problem right now

10. #10 alien man, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    I just want to update on the water chiller situation. I switched out my sterilite tote in my DWC system for a coleman 28quart cooler. I installed the ice probe into the back of the cooler by making two holes:eek:ne for the probe and one for the insulation disk at the base of the probe. What a difference! Its fits like a glove and no leaking! Very Little condensation as well! Keeps my water temps at 62 or 64° depending on the heat and humidity inside the tent