Watching movies/tv shows really baked (You'll probably regret reading this)

Discussion in 'General' started by Mustard Tiger, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Some times when i'm baked and I watch a movie, its like I suddenly realise that the people acting are actors (if that makes any sense) and the whole experiance just goes to shit. Instead of seeing the movie as a movie, I start to see the movie as actors on a set and the whole mood just fails.

I think it started after I watched entourage, and realised all the bullshit that goes on on the sets and shit. This really bugs me when it happens, but I try not to think about it when I watch it, which usually makes it worse. I asked my friends about it and they just look at me weird. Does this happen to anyone else?

2. ha yes i do it all the time.

dont worry

dont watch tv?

3. ^^ I never watch TV anymore, it's all crap, even pay TV, still alllll craaap.
    Even the news is full of shit these days.

But no, i dont watch a movie as if actors are playing a role
    i love to get into the feel for a movie and ride it out, it's good.

4. Thats why i watch reality shows like rock of love and the hills, cause that shit is legit.

5. yeah it's so easy to see that everything is on a set.

6. LOL, now that is funny my man.

7. Damn, I do this as well. I'll get really stoned and into the movie then I start thinking about it and I get sad in my pants.:(

There are MAYBE half a dozen good TV shows out there. I love No Reservations, best food show ever. House is awesome as well. I tend to watch just movies though.

8. that happened to me while i was watching the wall tripping.

completely ruined that movie for me, i can't watch it anymore.

9. i TOTALLY know what you mean OP.

the shit seems so fake and the acting seems so forced.

it's impossible to actually get into it without focusing on how ridiculous and unrealistic it all is.

10. yea right dude, reality shows are the gayest you can get.

11. ha yea weed does that to you and you think and see from different perspectives. as far as movies go, they dont bother me. i end up realizing other crap about my life that gets me depressed...

12. Odd thing happens to me is when I watch completely absurd movies like Pinapple Express, I start thinking damn this is how it would actually play out if all this shit happened! Good actors won't make you feel that its all on a set