Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Washington DC medical marijuana?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bradraz, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Who the Fu*K makes the laws in DC? Im pretty sure its the US congress, correct me if I'm wrong. Also im pretty sure they have a part in keeping Medical marijuana federally illegal. Either I have no clue what I'm talking about, or the US congress is a bunch of morons.

2. Its independant bro... Congress = national government

3. So who makes the laws in dc then? the independent government? lol

4. I'm not sure but I'm assuming It's the same as any other state.

5. Its just like anyother state.

6. From wikipedia
    The District is governed by a locally elected mayor and 13-member city council. However, the United States Congress has supreme authority over the city and may overturn local laws. Residents therefore have less self-governance than residents of the U.S. states. The District has a non-voting, at-large Congressional delegate, but no senators. D.C. residents could not vote in presidential elections until the ratification of the Twenty-third Amendment to the United States Constitution in 1961.

So its not quite like any other state. They're governed by a council, but congress has the right to overturn any local law. OP makes a decent point, its extremely hypocritical for them to disallow MMJ around the country, but not in their own neighborhood