Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Was the plant really put here for us?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Herpetology, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Here’s a crazy a crazy thought was the marijuana plant really put on earth for human consumption? We have cannabinoid receptors in our brains and parts of our bodies is this pure coincidence?

I think about it in nature nothing really happens for no reason like plants evolve through adaptations due to changes in their environments so they can survive same with animals.

What is the purpose of marijuana plant? Is the THC and the cannabinoids in the plant designed to be a natural pesticide or perhaps they have some other purpose what do you guys think?

Perfect example is tobacco plants have nicotine in their leaves so that the insects don’t eat their leaves.

2. Nothing was designed with a purpose in mind. All life, plants included, simply evolved and found a niche within an ecosystem. Some plants are now cultivated by humans for food or other purposes. The fact that marijuana happens to hit our cannibanoid receptors is why we cultivate it and it is entirely a coincidence.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. All plants and animals on this planet are related to one another, because they all share a common ancestor. This genetic relationship is why we also share physical and biochemical similarities to other plants and animals. I think this is the reason why cannabinoids happen to have the effects that they do on the cannbinoid systems within our own bodies.

People have also been growing cannabis for many, many years. We have been performing a sort of artificial selection on the plant, by selectively breeding cannabis plants that have the desired psychological and physical effects when smoked. So I think, to a large degree, we have brought the modern cannabis plant into existence.

4. It’s true that we have receptors in our brain for THC. Though we also have receptors for cocaine, amphetamines and alcohol, and all drugs.

Flip-side is you can say the base ingredients for those are all natural as well, we just fortify the potency. So in theory it’s possible that are drugs were placed here specifically for us. I personally think not but anything’s possible.

5. Yep, Jesus hand plants each and every cannabis flower as a way for us to escape the hell we live in.