Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Was In The Hospital Last Night

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TaylorOG, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Had a bad trip on some legal blend a while back, horrible panic attack, heart jumping out of chest, etc. haven't smoked it since but now that I smoke pot I feel that same anxiety, overly focused on my heart rate, all that good stuff.

I had been feeling pressure all along my chest and it would radiate to my left arm and back so I decided to go to the ER last night fearing it could be something with my heart. Got an EKG and everything came out fine, doc said it was most likely a muscle since the EKG was normal. Glad to know that I don't have a heart condition, being only 18 that would really suck. But anywho, I wanna know if it would be alright to get back to smoking right now? Any opinions welcome.

I was given something through IV to numb the pain but this morning I woke up feeling totally nauseous, almost a hung over feeling. (gross) which I'm sure was from what they gave me. So tell me blades, would YOU get back to smoking? Only using my MFLB ATM so is that any advantage? Thanks all.

2. ya, i wouldn't worry about smoking.

im no doctor but im gonna say it was a muscle thing

3. maybe next time smoke the real thing? who knows whats in those legal blends?

4. Stick to weed. I have had a few times as well where my heart is beating fast as hell and I worry too, but its never killed anyone. So I don't worry about it. If the doctor said it was fine, then it was probably just some anxiety you had from it since you remembered the time you smoked the incense. Just relax and don't worry about it

5. sounds a little like a panic attack, try meditating. And yeah, i would keep smoking until it was unenjoyable. Just remember, spice and legal bud ect. is the mufukkin devil, and the herb is completely different and should not induce the same effects when smoked.

Just try and relax, think of somewhere peacful, maybe find a mantra that helps you find peace.

Good luck man!

6. Yeah I told myself id never do it again, and I won't. It was just one of those in between pick ups thing.

@godgaveusweed I think that's exactly what it is.

7. I remember I smoked this one unmaed bud where everytime you smoked it you would get pain. My friends and I nicknamed it the killer bud. (since it didnt have a name) I was so glad when my dealer was out of it. The first 10-20 minutes was amazing and then you would get a headache. but the thing was, you could direct the pain anywhere u wanted in your body. but it hurt more if u moved it (likee i did to my foot) so i just left it in my head. And im not giving u bullshit either and im not crazy haha cuz everyone in the group the 2 times we smoked it got the same effect. Idk maybe its something like that?

8. I see all these people hating on herbal blends, but in all my experience nothing bad has happened. And i have been smoking these since before the ganja for me. I wont lie, it is no doubt worse then weed but saying it will give you a heart attack and you're going to trip to death is a bit extreme. Just remember man, use responsibly.

9. seems like were in the same boat, ever since i had a panic attack weed hasnt been as enjoyable for me because i focus on the rate of my heart. Even when it isnt beating hard i feel uncomfortable...i try to keep my mind off it but nothin really works.

My MFLB seems to give me more relaxing highs tho so i use it 90% of the time now

10. Exactly. It doesn't feel like its beating extremely hard, but it's still pretty tough to just ignore it. Its always in the back of my mind

11. herbal blens are anywhere from 0-100 times stronger than weed. the thing that scars me tho is that not ALL of the chimicals in them are listed. I did some crazy shit way more crazy than on weed. I liked the weed one better but the herbal thing actually made me believe things that werent true and shit. Idkk it was crazy.

12. You are suppose to wash with bath soaps not smoke them

13. Thanks for the input, babe.

14. NEVER smoke those legal blends NEVER. they are so fucking bad for you.

but you said you hadn't smoked in a while, so my guess is you just got really high and freaked out, you fine, just smoke more and build your smoke game up

15. homie, I feel your pain. I suffered from a similar thing a while back. everytime I would smoke I would get nervous and I would focus on my heart rate, my heart would start to beat faster(just a natural affect from marijuana) and i would get even more nervous. I literally felt as if I was on deaths door step. as my heart continued to pound I would start to think i could feel it in my head( as if a vessel popped and my head was filling up with blood) and I would start sweating. to put it short there was a month long period in my life where every time I smoked I thought I was dying, literally. I considered stopping marijuana use. I to went to the ER and was told similar. I went home smoked up and never looked back. remember, your mind can play tricks on you.

16. IDK Dude. You may get panic attacks for a while now when you smoke. I had bad panic attacks from doing unmentionables (none of the dirty,dirty kind/ the hippy kind) for waaaaay to long. Theyt lasted about 2-3 years after my few "experiences". But the good news my friend is I quit fuckin w/ unmentionables and the panic attacks went away after a while. Just take it slow. Smoke one lil hit see how you feel. then smoke a lil more and so on.

17. I have exactly what you described happened to you, for me, Vaping makes it worse, I stick to my bongs, bubblers, bowls, and joints. (the smoke seems to calm my anxiety etc)

18. Yes They are very bad for you,evertime they get banned the company that sells them changes the formula just a little, and then its ok to sell again as a different product.
    No FDA testing has been performed or trial testing to see what and if any side affects are deadly or dangerous for human consumption. Don't be a guinea pig for them, use only what mother nature provides.

[​IMG]

19. Paranoia and anxiety are common side effects that can occur from smoking, try breathing techniques to help relax, listen to music that helps calm you down, do a fun activity to distract yourself, or even just smoke less or a weaker quality bud. All these should help reduce and control such negative side effects. The main thing is when you feel one coming you have to tell yourself that your just tripping and everything will be fine and that you have nothing to worry about then go about with other techniques to distract the negative and enjoy the high. Being around friendly people you enjoy also helps. Good luck!

20. I've been having a number of tests on my heart, possibly have to have some radioactive isotope injected into my heart to make it race for a test.. really don't want to.. They've had me do a stress test numerous EKG's and an echocardio which I'm waiting to hear about the collective results on next week, but if you are curious I would just go to your family doctor and ask to have a stress test and echocardiogram, this can find a pre existing condition (the stress test will make sure no conditions are present when your heart is being worked, which an EKG cannot do while the echocardiogram is a different sort of look).

But I wouldn't be worried, if you are really curious about it just go have those standard tests done.