Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

was i lied to?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by THCMyst, Dec 15, 2010.

1. I was at a clinic to see if i had a.d.d./depression and i mentioned i toke and she said that it was a depressant... i call B.S. anyone care to disprove this with sources like scientific studies? ;)

2. alcohol is a depressant, marijuana is a stimulate.

3. #4 Skunko, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2010
    Marijuana A Stimulant - Marijuana.com

That all i can find on google. Although its not scientific. I know that its right as marijuana is used to treat depression. I just forgot where i got the piece of information from.

4. #5 ImTheJoker4u2, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2010
    Its propaganda BS
    Dude - Im 35, Ive smoked since I was 14. I quit for 2 years and ended up on Zoloft for depression. It sucked. Ive never felt so much relief as when I finally took a nice pull on some killer. One hit and it was like - YESSSS THIS IS WHAT IVE BEEN NEEDING!!!
    3 years later and I no longer take pharmas, I take cannabis. It works well for me, it may not for you. In my personal experience, its been a life saver - Litterally.
    Heres another link: http://depression.about.com/cs/drugsalcohol/f/potmeds.htm
    I hate Fox News but:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,304996,00.html

[​IMG][​IMG]Marijuana for depression - theres tons of links on it;)
    GL
    Joker

5. Listen to this guy ^^^

6. When someone says cannabis is a depressant, they aren't saying (unless they're misusing the term) it will cause you to become depressed, they're saying it slows down certain functions of your brain while under the influence. Basically they're saying it slows down your reaction time, (mildly) sedates you... but imo it's very reliant on the strain you're smoking as I've had sativas that made me much more energetic.

7. Marijuana is classified as a hallucinogenic, but it's truly a bit of everything.

[​IMG]

8. Thats really interesting. Never saw that before :)

9. Works different on each individual, my opinion is its a stimulant. Your happy as hell and your mind wonders like mad (Hallucinogenic)

10. I'm gonna blow this up and put it up in the hallway with all those "drink safely" posters

11. ^ people are going to look at that poster and say "Holy shit, cannabis is as bad as all those things, COMBINED!"

12. w8..you came in to see if you had depression,and your mad that they said you have depression??:confused:

13. You want studies on the effect of cannabis on depression? I got 'em! Click the first link in my sig and scroll down to "DEPRESSION". You'll find enough to keep you reading for quite a while.

Granny :wave:

14. Cannabis has dozens of substances with medical value. To classify the plant as sedative or stimulant does not make sense. Cannabis has compounds with sedative actions (CBD) and also a stimulant (THC) action.

If you consume whole cannabis by ingestion or inhalation, the effects you get depend on the amounts and ratios of the canibinoids in that medicine.

clinton

15. I see it as look at how cannabis combines all these aspects into the perfect drug (kind of a drug(a drug in the same regard that advil is(implying its beneficial properties)))

16. I see it as look at how cannabis combines all the good things from each kind of drug

17. in my mind that Marijuana is a depressant
    but i don't know that alcohol also has this function