Was hoping everybody could check my first grow out

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by moneymatt420, Aug 4, 2011.

1. These are just to three of my plants from my first grow. Was hoping if you could tell me if the pot with two of them is root bound, probably is was just wanting some input.{ Yes i do know potting two plants together is not good.} the second one is half the others age but seems to be doing better gonna be a little bush. Red cup 1 month. Blue cup 2 weeks.

Attached Files:

2. like you said, they shouldnt be in the same cup. they look good but look like they are too big for the cups and im almost positive the two in the same cup are rootbound by now

3. Figure i might as well include this to. This is one plant that was started out doors and was watered with the same amount of nutrients as the other but it looks like its got nute burn bad. Am i right? or is it pest or something.

Attached Files:

4. Looks good get em into bigger pots ASAP ...andl ike he said the one where there are two in the cup youll have to rplant em together otherwise youlll have to rip the roots apart and its guna stunt the growth aLOT (your other plants will get signifigantly bigger)

5. well the first pis looked good those ones are gettin burnt like a mofo ..get em into bigger pots and move them farther away from the light......if your using nutes id stop for a week or 2

6. What's your grow space look like?

7. The first set of pictures is from my grow box. The second is of a plant i just put on my front porch. The first set looked burnt to you? I know the second one is fucked. my delima is that i won't have room for all my plant's if i get bigger pots. So my plan was to flower them in the cups untill i can take the males out. I also keep my lights within an inch of the plant because i am using cfls. If i move the lights away won't they start getting taller instead of bushier? I appreciate all the input, thanks. Was just wondering if anybody else thought that saying your from the DMV just sketche.

8. They look good, but I have to agree with the others that say get them into bigger pots. Mine are smaller than that, and after 10 days from spout, they had already filled out the cup with roots. Not sure about mj as this is my first grow, but I made the mistake of letting some tomatoes get root bound and it stunted that crap out of them. Moved them to bigger pots and they doubled in size the first week, and have easily quadrupled over a month.

9. The one that was outside looks like it could have bugs, but the pics aren't clear. I wouldn't let it near the other plants. Best thing is to trash it.

How many plants do you have all together? If you had filled the cups all the way with soil they'd have a lot more room. There's a lot of volume at the top of the cup because it's wider up there. How big is your box? If you had some 6" x 6 x 6 pots, how many could you fit in the box? BTW, I saw your post about soil on another thread -- you can get FFOF on Amazon fairly reasonably, especially if you can store a 1.5 cu. ft. or 2.0 cu. ft bag. I buy the small 12 qt (3 gal.) bags and it ranges from $15 to $22. Coco is also available online.

10. I working on posting some pictures of my grow box, but till the this will have to due. It is a rubermaid container 24*12*18. i cover it in tinfoil{ a little ghetto i know i can do better} Have a fan in the lid to the container it is 6" big with a vent hole cut at the bottom of the box about 4". Today i went out and got a bunch of Y splitters for my cfl. That brings the count to 8 23w 5000 k and 2 23w 2700k.

I wish i filled the containers all the way up! But now one they get a litlle taller i will fill it up. If i had the money to order soil and do this a little better i would. started this grow with $5 and lots of hope. Thank god for shit laying around the house.:hello:

11. I have about 15 plants. Figure i might end up with five once it is all said and done. Got a temperature/humidity gauge to day looks like my grow room is HOT. It was 91 degrees with 20 percent humidity. Do you guys think this will be alright?:eek:

12. This is for the blades out there. With the described conditions what strain would be best. (short, potent, resistant to heat and pest, and a high yield) I was looking at jock horror auto from attitudes but not sure. I would like to clone so open to fems too.

13. What is the temp of the room that the box is in? You may need another exhaust fan and another intake hole. Also, set a fan to blow on the lights. Are you planning another box for flowering?

I don't know how tall your box is, but assmuming it is 12" wide x 24" long, you could fit up to 8 pots that are 6 x 6 x 6. Choose the best 8, and probably you'll get at least 1 male. Another option would be to get a dish tub or kitty litter box and put a bunch of plants in it. When they show sex cut off all but the best female. (Not the best option, but it would work. Just be sure to cut the plants at the soil line and don't try to rip them up by the roots.). A dish tub or kitty litter box is a good container for short boxes.

14. working on posting some pictures of my grow box, but till the this will have to due. It is a rubermaid container 24*12*18. i cover it in tinfoil{ a little ghetto i know i can do better} Have a fan in the lid to the container it is 6" big with a vent hole cut at the bottom of the box about 4". Today i went out and got a bunch of Y splitters for my cfl. That brings the count to 8 23w 5000 k and 2 23w 2700k.

I wish i filled the containers all the way up! But now one they get a litlle taller i will fill it up. If i had the money to order soil and do this a little better i would. started this grow with $5 and lots of hope. Thank god for shit laying around the house. [hello] This was one of my post hope it helps with you giving me advice thanks!!!

15. Well after i flushed to soil the new growth seem to be fine i got her {hopefully} Under my hood for my stove with a Y splitter one 6500k and one 2700k. I don't think it is pest. Thank god.

16. I put my thermonitor as far away from the cfl as my plants and it read 100 degrees. So I moved my light up a little and i cut another in take hole on the otherside of my grow box. Took a dryer vent and now have my a/c blowing into the box and a humidifier on the other intake blowing on high. This brough the temp froom 100 to 76. Humidity from 20 percent to 40. Guess its workin. will the change in temp when my a/c kicks on hurt the plant?

17. When your a/c kicks off, your temps will rise. At least that is what mine does. You'll have to watch it to see exactly how much. Mine swings about 5 degrees if the a/c is off for a long time.

18. Third day of flowering my plants are so small that i'm not sure if i will be able to tell if they are male or female. Gonna have to get a microscope i think. How long after the male shows do they release there pollen?

19. More pics I let one of them grow in to the light oops!! Transpanted one pot, this is all an experiment so i dont fuck up good seeds!! If i can get reggie to grow hopefully ican get good seeds to grow. :hello: Gonna find out soon let me know what you think. i know i need to transpalant them but room is an issue should know which ones are males soon then i can move all the bigger pots i want.:D

Attached Files:

20. These are some pictures of my grow box from 2 weeks ago since then i have added 6 cfl and i have the a/c duct run to the intake and a humidifer on the other side of the box .

Attached Files: