Was Adam’s first sin that of not reproducing?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Gnostic Christian Bishop, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [SIZE=14pt]Was Adam's first sin that of not reproducing? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Gen 1; 28 And God blessed them; and God said unto them: 'Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Strangely woman disappears. Then Gen 2; 18 And the LORD God said: 'It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him.'[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Gen 4; 1 And the man knew Eve his wife; and she conceived and bore Cain, and said: 'I have gotten a man with the help of the LORD.'[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Genesis indicates that Adam was not very bright. It also indicates that he somehow did not have the instincts we all have including the desire to reproduce. At least not until he ate of the tree of knowledge. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Strange to think that without breaking God's command not to eat of the tree of knowledge, Adam would have never reproduced and none of us would be here to thank any God for creating us.   [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] As you can see from the Eden time-line, Adam had a lot of time to know Eve, ------- yet did not do as commanded in Gen 1. In fact he waited until Gen 4.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]If you, if you are a man, were told to reproduce, can you see yourself sitting there naming animals instead of enjoying sex? Do not lie. You know you would have jumped Eve in the wink of an eye. Unless you are gay that is. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Now I know that Christians have some strange notions about not having sex at certain times but the case above shows that Adam refused or was not mature enough to do God's command. I cannot see the later because God would not request what cannot be given. Therefore, eating of the tree of knowledge was not the first sin of disobedience. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Not reproducing when told to was the first sin[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]of disobedience. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Do you agree?    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Regards[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]DL [/SIZE]

2. Maybe Lilith had 2 butt holes

The lord works in mysterious ways

3. They had to get married first

Mobile reppin

4. Oops......plot hole!! 
     His first sin according to the bible was PRIDE. When God found them after eating the fruit of the tree they had covered themselves...and that is how God knew. At least that is what I remember from indoctrination classes as a child.

5. Maybe God misunderstood and Adam and eve just liked the texture of the leaves on their respective dick and vag

Mobile reppin

How is covering yourself pride?

Seems to me that if I am proud of myself, naked is what I would show. Look at all the old sculptures.

How is it pride to show what most see as good manners and not walking around with the old tool hanging down?

Regards
    DL

7. #7 Bill O'Really, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    I don't know. Ask a Christian. Why do you think we were clothes. Manners? You think we have manners? Or is it because you think it'd get caught on thorns? I have that worry...but not everyone should. You gonna run around naked?  Ain't you got no pride? that's what they used to tell me when I did it. LOL

They miss-used the word pride. 

Regards
    DL

9. That's what I thought too. I think they were just jealous it was huge...but couldn't say "Put that giant thing away, it's humiliating to me to see the sheer size and awesomeness of it!"

10. #10 -13 Amp-, Jan 29, 2014
    i always knew of it with the word shame "cover yourself, don't you have any shame?"

11. Tug a Dugga Dugga Dugga Dugga Dugga..

The Australian Wifred is SOOOO much better.

12. i enjoy both, but the humor on the AUS version was better, but i enjoy the depth of writing and the questions the American version has brought to the table...also seeing him as a dalmatian was hilarious to me

13. "Gnostic Christian Bishop" excellent username.

14. #14 4shotmark, Jan 29, 2014
    And it was prideful to think of themselves as shamed by the nudity. That they could even have shame shows pride.

Interesting thought though. I guess whatever you believe about it is true, it's your religion. I'm personally not Christian so I never like to come to definite answers about any of this stuff.

My daughter's ex-softball coach was named Doug....and NO ONE had a clue why I did that to him ...and I did it all the time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6tOteptCIo

16. You couldn't even if you tried.....And if you did? They'd lock you in the vaults beneath the Vatican...

No secrets held by a Church will ever bode well for man.

17. yeah it was a funny story and i liked when he was trying to be an actor and Adam was trying to get him a job and he just kept asking and asking then started crying "tug-a-dugga dugga dugga" and gets a job and just drops it like "awesome what for?"...i also liked how he mispronounced words more on the AUS version

I hope I can live up to it.

I took it on the force of my apotheosis just to testify and encourage Gnostic thinkers and Christians who want more than to just put coin in a basket to know that apotheosis is quite real, --- if one seek God and has not fallen into idol worship in the revealed religions.

I still get along not too badly with those who do not have a spiritual itch to scratch.

Regards
    DL

19. #19 4shotmark, Jan 29, 2014
    Apotheosis?

This word is always kinda being debated. "Rising to God" is how I denote it. Now does this mean rising to God as in location or actually becoming God? Is there a difference? Most people think of it as a transformation into a God. Do you think this? Not hating, legit curious.

Not my religion. We do not use Christian scripture, unless we are in criticise mode, and know that all Gods are myths and should be thought of that way unless one suffers an apotheosis. Only then should anything of the invisible world be believed in. 

Beliefs should be based on something real otherwise I do not see any value in it.

Without getting into semantics, you are right that shame and pride are yin and yang.

Regards
    DL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.