Warrant for my arrest! Guns! Unnecessary Bullshit!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Tizroo, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Got a letter in the mail, I got a warrant out for my arrest for a weapons and firearms charge! :hello:

It was sent to my parents house and they read it too!

Ahh man, I've never owned a gun in my life, and this came out of absolutely nowhere, but it's from a county right by mine when I lived in Michigan. It's a huge pain in the ass to try and get a hold of someone to straighten this out, I'm just worried about being put in jail here for something I didn't do you know?

This shit always happens to me it barely even phased me.

But like I said I never touched a gun in my life so I'm not worried about it, although I'm pretty sure I know who's behind this since I was caught in a situation a year ago where my girlfriend stole and sold a gun, then her parents proceeded to interrogate me about it...

What type of shit happens to you guys that really should never happen? Everyone in this world has some sort of unnecessary bullshit going on in their life it seems like.

2. What'd you do. I'm confused as to why they're accusations of you doing gun crimes?? :confused:

3. I think your best bet is to talk to a lawyer, or call the Police Station explain the situation (Don't mention your girlfriend and the gun unless it comes up) and then turn yourself in.

4. Have bond money ready and contact a lawyer.

Best of luck.

5. Well first off I live like 10 hours away from where they want me to turn myself in, secondly, how can they charge me with something gun related when they don't even have any evidence or anything...I've tried calling the police station and for the first 2 days nobody answered, the 3rd day the lady just kept saying I needed to turn myself in to that certain jail (not understanding that I don't live anywhere in Michigan anymore)

6. Oh and bond money is about $10,000 more than I have right now.

7. You need to contact an attorney. The situation is easily resolved if you have legal representation in the area where the warrant is issued.

Additionally, take the following steps:

1) Stop calling the police station. What can the police do about a warrant? NOTHING.

2) Call the Prosecutor's office up there

3) Be prepared to go up there in person. The Prosecutor up there may want to meet you in person and have you provide proof of ID in person (Be prepared with passport, birth certificate, social security card, driver's license, and anything else relevent). Obviously go up there with a parent or friend to hold these things for you. Be prepared that when you do this you may be detained until matters are sorted out. For that reason, go up there in the morning, that way if you are arrested you can probably be arraigned on the same day, and can say to the judge "Your Honor, this is a case of mistaken identity, I ask for ROR until the matter is sorted out with the Prosecutor."

4) When you call up there, keep your cool. Explain the situation calmly "A warrant has been erroneously issued for my arrest. How do I resolve this?"

5) Use the free credit reporting service and make sure your identity hasn't been stolen.

The situation sucks, but taking the above grown up steps will fix it quickly.

8. i just got released from jail an hour ago. FML

9. Judges like it when people with warrents turn themselves in. So smart choice going down that route.

Just you should also get ready for court cost.

10. This^
    Only the judges and prosecutors have any kind of say in this matter, I think. That's why it pisses me off when I see someone on COPS being offered a deal by the police in exchange for information. They can't do shit, it's the judge that handles all that.