Warning To Outdoor Growers On The East Coast.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Skunky Monkey, Aug 26, 2011.

1. As you probably already know there's going to be a hurricane so if your growing outdoor then your plant's don't stand a chance, i would think now about trying to move them inside or covering them/getting them to safety, the hurricane is going to be a catogory 5 apparently so it's enough to tear your babies apart :(

You should be thinking now how your going to get them to safety.

2. Its cat 2 right now, which is around what it'll be when it hits NC. I'm in MA, where its going to be a weak cat 1 or tropical storm when it hits.

Can plants survive tropical storm conditions (40 mph winds)? What precautions should I take?

3. fluid you should stake them down multiple times 2-3.

4. Word. Just the main stalk or should I get the branches, too?

5. #7 Jazzyj, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I would think you should take as many precautions as possible. Better spend a little more time staking down anything you can than lose your entire harvest.

6. Get a big crate and pin it to the ground over your plant's Take them home some how. Forge some sort of tarpaling

7. I'm afraid of root damage with the stakes, so I was thinking about something like this. I'm going to home depot soon to buy a big plastic garbage can. Right before the hurricane I'll put it over my plant and stake the fuck out of it. Will this work?

I was thinking of tying ropes around the trees and then around the garbage can so there's no chance it goes anywhere.

8. yea try it out also cut some holes in the garbage can so it can get some air

9. Will do. I made a diagram for tits and wiggles:
    [​IMG]

10. That should help, there will still be some stree but it may prevent broken stems.

11. #13 FluidMotion, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2011

stree? (edit: ohh stress, gotcha) but anyways, thats good. I'm gunna go ahead with this plan.

12. If it pots can you lay the plants on there side until the storm passes? Stake the plant down to the gound using string while it is laying on it's side?

13. and if it's a 14' widow in ground? galvonized steel guy wires/turnbuckle?

I have a feeling this will be a crappy weekend for me :-(

14. I would drive a metel rebard stake into the ground. Then tie or shrink wrape the plant up like an x-mass tree comes. Then tie the plant up to the stake very good with rope or shrink wrape. Pound the stake in a few feet. The shrink wrape would protect the plant well. Metel stake so it cannot break. You can shrink wrape a plant to a thin bean pole if done right. Just like x-mass trees comes.

If in pots I would move to best cover. Lay them down on the side. Trillis netting them to the gound.

Been thinking about this. And this is what I would do. Granted I never been in a storm like this. But I think this would be my plan.

15. I wish you all the luck with Irene regarding your properties and your plants guys!!!

16. Back at ya buddy. The past 4 months of growing all come down to the next 48 hours.

17. yeah im in MA myself i just moved all my plants into my camper and basement.. FUCK YOU IRENE!!!!!!!!!!

18. I Hope there'll be Ok.