Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Warning: Some Type Of Grit/adulterated Weed Going Around In New Jersey

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tree Of Life, Jun 4, 2013.

1. #61 Tree Of Life, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
    Dude, where do you see stalks with little bulbs on the end? I really want to know. Maybe there's a few on the stems, but on the actual outside of the buds themselves there is NO trichs. I flushed the buds down the toilet, but I assure you I looked at all of them EXTREMELY close under light and all that was there were pieces of what LOOKED like trich coverage. When you actually get up close to the nugs you see that there aren't any trichomes. There's no stalks. There's no stalks with bulbs. Nothing.

2. #62 walterbishop, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
    Unless you are using a magnifying glass, photo loop, or microscope you do not often see the lil mushroom like head of a trich. There are also trichs on bud that is prematurely harvested, again, you would not see a bulb at the end.

edit:

Here'a pic of Girl Scout Cookies off a site featurng MMJ. Notice you don't see the stalk leading to a bulb. and this pic is not true to life, it's slightly enlarged.

[​IMG]

3. That's true. I guess I'm just used to properly harvested dank. Could have been pulled early, but I'm definitely leaning towards it being kiefed. There's too many things wrong with these nugs for them just be immature. And if they are just immature and not flushed, they're still not flushed and there's still something in the buds because I'm fucking spitting up yellow shit, blood, my chest hurts, my vision is kind of fucked up, the list goes on. And that's just this bud, no matter how good the nug I got from this guy smoked it always made me feel like this. It doesn't matter if it were these mids or if if it was Blue Dream that tasted/smelled fine, there was always something 'different' about his buds and that tells you that it's not just poorly grown herb. I'm not asking if they're messed with man, I know for a fact they are. Maybe it's hard to believe that somebody would do something like this to weed, but it does happen, and it did happen to me...

4. I don't find it hard to believe at all. I just don't think that that is grit weed based on my personal experience.

Grit weed usually looks like it's covered in trichs. The whole point is to create better bag appeal, and/or up weight. I would not say bud that looks like it has very few trichs on the outside has been tampered with to improve it's bag appeal. I think we can at least agree that when you look at that bud, the first thing you think is not, "WOW look at all those trichs!!!" Which is one of the main points of making grit weed inthe first place.

Beyond that you haven't described any of the other typical things you normally associate with grit weed. Specifically, a gritty substance that can be felt on your fingers, or if you bite small piece, you will feel the grit easily with your teeth. Also, by your post, you have smoked this bud. Did it give off little sparkes and small crackles as the supposed adulterant burned? Go look at videos of grit weed being burned.

Nothing you have said so far points to grit weed in my opinion. So I'll leave it at that. Not too much more to say without seeing the bud in person.

5. Not so fast, I live in Canada and have seen this with my own eyes and felt it with my own lungs. It had to be about 3 years ago, when I was less educated about bud and getting mids all the time, but I remember 2 instances when Ive smoked it.

The first time me and a few buddies got a few grams of mids and we were smoking joints and "lungs" or "parachutes" (basically a dry grav bong). After the first sesh of this bud my throat and lungs just plain hurt and I stopped smoking it while my friends continued. after a few hours they were all complaining about the pain and harshness. And I remember it looked like it had some crystals but when I examined the bud it was almost "sharp". I quickly learned about this stuff after that. Boy was that stuff rough with parachutes...

Second time I was at my ex gfs house and her cousin had bud we were smoking. It was high mids and was kinda harsh, but we though nothing of it. After a session I decided to go to the store for munch, and on my way there I coughed up blood. From my previous experience I instantly thought it could be grit weed, and when I got back I figured out that it was.

You can tell by how it burns too if its grit, with grit weed the ash is almost shiny from the particles, and when it burns it sparks up and it almost looks like there's sparks going through the bud.

I know for a fact I havnt seen it since I started getting all and only dank.

6. Exactly man... It does look like it's covered in trichs. Haven't I made that clear? It LOOKS like it's covered, it's not actually trichomes... And yeah, when you break it down by hand you're left with little pieces of whatever it is that's been sprayed on and it feels 'oily', NOT to be confused with sticky. As for the way it burns, yeah, it crackles and snaps. Like I said man, I know what I'm dealing with. I know what I have and I know it's fucked with and that's that. Maybe it's not actually 'grit' like glass or sand, I juat meant it's adulterated. There's SOMETHING on it, that's what I meant...

7. Well if you are spitting up blood, I would honestly go to the doctor and tell him so. Get a chest x-ray. Spitting up blood can be signs of numerous serious problems, and one of them being lung cancer. 

Even if you are positive it is grit weed, I would still go check that out to be safe. 

8. Yeah bro, for sure. I'm actually getting chest x-rays today. Pretty sure I have something really serious, but what are you going to do? I really hope it's nothing too bad. :cry:

9. Well, I hope it turns out to be nothing. Good luck. Hopefully you are okay and nothing serious is wrong. 

10. I appreciate it dude. Thanks for showing some love. I hope it's nothing serious too. Then again I've been smoking this guys stuff for a while now and I really don't think it's going to work out well for me. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't know man. I guess all I can do is wait and see. :(

11. Well just take care of them lungs anyway. No tobacco, eat healthy, exercise, vape or water filtration only! That grit weed probably really hurt your lungs. Let me know how that x-ray goes. 

12. I know i have't gotten any of this but it's only a matter of time before it makes it's way down to my area of CT:(

13. #73 Tree Of Life, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
    Yeah dude, I've actually been eating a lot healthier lately. I'm pretty much in the process of becoming a health freak lol. I definitely want to start exercising too. It's on my to do list. :p The x-rays could be in as soon as 48 hours they said, but I think it could take up to a week. I really hope it's closer to the 48 hour mark.

Why do you say that? It's nothing new bro. This stuff has been going on for a while now and if you have good comnections you most likely won't see it, ever. I just have shady connections dude. No worries.

14. X-ray results are in guys! My lungs are fine! This calls for a celebritory bowl of some clean, dank herb I picked up from an old pal! Life is good! :hello: :bongin:

• Like Like x 2
  15. If your bud can scratch a cd without you pressing super hard, it's grit weed. I feel you man, but it seems like that's only an epidemic on the east coast. I don't hear many people from other places complaining about it.. I would just tell the dealer "thanks for putting my life in danger,
    Have fun trying to get any business from me or people I know who go through you as well.

16. Hi, I'm new to the forums and live in the Atlanta area. I have been smoking pot for years now and recently I discovered that 2 of my dealers have recently been selling grit weed. I went to get an x ray and have holes in my lungs that are healing so no permanent damage. My mom's boyfriend is a MD ( my mom also smokes weed so their cool). He looked through a microscope and said it was full of glass particles. He also taught me how spot grit weed. Ever since any time I have been smoking weed with friends 1 out of 4 times it was grit weed. I am scared because I know for sure most of my friends are smoking grit weed and don't know about it. Please people be careful. I wish I could some how let everyone know but I guess telling my friends and passing my story on the internet can help somehow.