Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Warning: Some Type Of Grit/adulterated Weed Going Around In New Jersey

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tree Of Life, Jun 4, 2013.

1. I just read some extremely disturbing shit. Apparently I've come to the conclusion that a good amount of the bud I smoked over the years was majorly tampered with. I don't know how I could be so stupid. This one guy I get bud from ALWAYS has this weird ass shit. From a distance it looks like really good bud, but up close you realize there isn't even ANY trichomes. If the nug was really as crystal covered as it looked don't you think you'd see tons of little trichomes? (stick with ball at the end?)

I can't believe how much of an idiot I've been. I should of known when I stopped buying from this guy for like 6 months. I felt so much better, there wasn't any problems with my lungs or breathing or anything like that. Anyway this stuff smells kind of lemony and chemically, but NOT in a good way like OG Kush. It's a really strong high, but it doesn't feel like a weed high at all. For weed this 'crystally' you'd think it would smell really pungunt, but only upclose do you get the pine-sol like chemical smell. Tastes horrible, hurts your lungs. Beware of this fucking bullshit and DO NOT FUCKING BUY THIS SHIT!

2. I was just thinking it wasn't dried or cured, but now that I put all the pieces of the story together it all makes fucking sense. EVERY time I get off this one dude the buds are always WET as fuck. And there's no way it's fresh off the plant because all the trichomes are gone and it doesn't smell or taste ANYTHING like weed.

If you're from New Jersey and you've been getting some questionable bud I'd REALLY like to hear from you!

3. Grit used to be a real problem here in eastern PA a couple years back. Literally every other batch was grit, then it suddenly stopped. I honestly think a couple of angry clients followed it back up the chain and they got killed. I know I wanted to do it.

Sucks you're still dealing with it Tree, but my motto is "check it close before you buy, and if it sucks just don't get high."

4. Yeah man, I fucking love smoking. I mean I fucking LOVE it! But I'm not going to buy from this fucking guy just because he's my only connection and I want to smoke. I'd rather be sober than risk my health. But DAMN, I wish I had some clean Cannabis to smoke. :cry:

5. You should tell him, not just stop hitting him up. Maybe he doesn't even know, I know a LOT of people didn't even believe me when I would tell them their weed is grit, and not just the people who were selling it. People are just naive.

6. Some pictures for reference..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. I did tell him! He claims there's nothing wrong with it. A lot of people around here DON'T HAVE A FUCKING CLUE what's going on. A lot of people think it doesn't happen, but the truth is there's some VERY fucked up shit going on right now and excuse me for all the cussing, but you guys don't understand how absolutely pissed I am. I probably won't even get any sleep tonight, that's for damn sure...

8. Yea I do understand how pissed you are, I would always be so heated upon getting a bag of that. After a couple times I learned how to spot that shit quick though, has a certain look and even smell to it. You just gotta find them oldheads that grow for themselves.

9. damn im out here in pa close to nj so im sure some of that shit is coming over here

10. #10 RiverSix, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2013
    I've never encountered grit, but I can tell what the adulterant is just by looking at those pictures.

11. #11 Nescafe420, Jun 4, 2013
    Really sucks that weed is still a black market thing in most areas. 

Edit: Thanks for the heads up, I am about to be back in NJ and was just gonna pick up. Now I'll be a little more wary.

12. #12 Tree Of Life, Jun 4, 2013
    Yeah, it has a certain smell/look to it. You can tell it's been tampered with right away. Everyone else can be naive as fuck and keep smoking it, but I know what real high quality bud and this is NOT high quality. I don't know what's wrong with these nugs, but I know it's something really bad. There's NO trichomes on this stuff man. How is a bud going to look like it's covered in crystals then when you look closer there aren't any? That tells me it was either sprayed or dipped into something. I've been doing research all night and it turns out there's a lot of weed in New Jersey like this. Let's get to the bottom of this shit guys!

I wouldn't be surprised bro. Next time you pick up MAKE SURE YOU REALLY LOOK AT IT before you buy.

Care to elaborate? It must be bad if you didn't even spell it out. It's okay man, I know it's some fucked up stuff, if you have any idea what this is please SPEAK UP.

No problem bro. Make sure there's nothing wrong with it. If it's wet at all DO NOT buy it. Make sure it's legit man. I want everyone to know what the fuck is going on over here and I want everybody from the area to spread the word. Tell all your stoner buddies because this shit is disturbing. It's all about education, because people around here don't know a damn thing about weed and don't even know they're smoking the stuff to begin with. (Like I didn't)

13. Honestly, the best bet I can give you is to either grow it yourself or get from someone you know grows. That way if it's bad you know who to blame.

14. definitely gonna test all my bud for now on

15. I actually just realized, I heard about bud being laced with glass often a few years ago. Than it kinda died down. Some of those pictures look familiar to be honest. 

16. ok huge question..

when you break bud up and get some residue on your hand it feels gritty when you rub your fingers together.
    im freakin the fuck out mam

17. "No problem bro. Make sure there's nothing wrong with it. If it's wet at all DO NOT buy it. Make sure it's legit man. I want everyone to know what the fuck is going on over here and I want everybody from the area to spread the word. Tell all your stoner buddies because this shit is disturbing. It's all about education, because people around here don't know a damn thing about weed and don't even know they're smoking the stuff to begin with. (Like I didn't)" -Tree of life

I'm not terribly worried because MOST of the people I would be getting it from either grow it or are close up on the totem pole but still it never hurts to check. I remember when this was a popular problem a few years ago I used to tap a frosty nug on some paper and feel what whatever fell off actually felt like so that I'd know that it wasn't gritty.

18. #18 Nescafe420, Jun 4, 2013

I think it should be sticky but not rough gritty. 

Edit: really though, remember it can just be the contours of your fingerprints. So really pay attention to it. Because you don't want to be smoking bad shit but at the same time you don't want to be tossing good bud.

19. but then i try the wet finger trick and i cant get any crystals off

Like you crack the nug, tap it and no rough crystals come off?