Warning! Do NOT shoplift from Walmart...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tripace, Jun 5, 2012.

1. U.S. News - Suspected shoplifter dies after being detained at California Walmart

"Police told the AP the man was accused of stealing clothing and body wash."
    I can't help but wonder, maybe this was because he had been unemployed in the shitty economy, and had an upcoming interview that he wanted to get cleaned up for. Yes, theft is wrong, but killing the guy for it?:confused:

At least the security guards have been suspended. :rolleyes:

2. Walmart has full of cameras. Why would the fuck anybody shoplift there?

3. Should I...should I take the stuff back?

4. i used to rack paint from walmart all the time its easy as shit haha

5. Used to work there, unfortunately. They cant touch you with merchandise on you during theft, as touching you in cali is means for an assault charge. Watched a friend get fired for putting his hands on a suspect, even though he was security.

Apparently people have sued the store for assault so theyll follow you to your car and call the cops now. Anyone who's ever worked at walmart knows theres a blind spot for the cameras in the pet dept by dog food, which is where the successful shoplifters do their thing.

6. They intentionally keep a blind spot near the dog food in every store? :laughing:

7. Blind spot near dog food.....(jots in notebook)

8. Apparently those security guards missed that memo...:rolleyes:

9. At those low low prices everyone is practically stealing ffrom walmart

10. Don't shiplift period. Thieves are low examples of humankind...

11. You should be in marketing.

12. I used to work security at Walmart. I though it would be fun at the time but I ended up hating it. I quit because they wanted me to bust young kids stealing dollar bracelets and cheap jewelry trinkets but then refused to prosecute hardened criminals stealing computers and alcohol. :rolleyes:

13. When I worked at Albertsons, they tried to make me an unofficial security guard because I am pretty big guy and they didn't have any dedicated security. But I always told my manager straight up, I will never fight someone for this company or put myself in danger for $8 an hour.

14. Lol; yeah well I was trained by a guy who got thrown through a window and stabbed in the leg for about the same dough.

15. #17 rain dancer, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
    Yep, ever notice how all walmarts are designed systematically the same. I mean identical in layout? That's on purpose. Superwalmarts are the same as well. They do that so they can build them like track homes, and they have crews who work full time and who travel around the U.S.and abroad building these walmarts. My brother got a job doing this and offered me one as well but I declined. Still, I appreciate your sarcasm and ignorance. ;)

Made me chuckle.

Edit: those security guards will lose their jobs and will be sued, as will walmart. Guaranteed. Watch.

The blindspot is not intentional. Its just a well known " secret" among workers.

16. #18 maxrule, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012

Wal mart is super hyper sensitive to law suits. Only problem is that it will cost the local low wage employees in the end and the international corp will never feel it.

17. Dont do drugs period. Drug users are low examples of humakind

18. how can you compare a victimless thing like drug use and a crime like shoplifting?