war with russia??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wackdeafboy, Nov 13, 2008.

1. #1 wackdeafboy, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2008
    ik this is kinda old news.. but i just found this article, its pretty interesting

but they were saying that Georgia started the war against Russia.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/aug/29/russia.georgia
    http://www.campaignforliberty.com/wire.php?view=558

so we might go war against russia?....
    and it sound like cold war part 2 is coming

2. Basically it's the western media starting to realize that Georgia initiated it. I don't think we'll go to war anytime soon. I could see a Cold War chess match going on. You moved your missiles here well I'll move my missiles right over there and so on. I think it all has to do with Iran and what happens with them over the next 4 years. Obama's eloquence hopefully will make up for his lack of experience. This isn't debate in college this is negotiating with world leaders. Hope hope hope.

3. Probably not.

I mean, this has been the modus operandi since the fall of the Soviet Union and even before that.

It's hard to say, and to know what goes on behind closed political doors.

4. No, we're not going to war with Russia. Yes, it's a continuation of political warfare. No, I don't see Russai being sanctioned. Russia is a member of the security council, more and more is coming out about Georgia initiating the war, and the EU relies too heavily on Russian gas exports, especially in the current energy market.

5. The economic problems Russia and the USA are having now would seem fairly insignificant compared to what they would be if the two would be stupid enough to allow any conflict to escalate into an all out war. It is not in either sides interest to start a war with the other. With the globalization of business, their economic fates are too closesly tied together. Neither side stands to gain anything from such a war. I, personally, doubt any of the significantly powerful countries (USA, Russia, China, Japan) will enagage each other in a full blown war again. They have way too many shared interests to do such a thing.

6. russia is finally digging itself out of the huge pile of shit it was in for the last 20 years, it makes sense if that makes the u.s. nervous. and it makes sense if russia is also getting nervous, seeing all the missile movement and all that jazz... another cold war perhaps?

7. Only way I could see us going to war with Russia is if they attempted to invade us (most likely Alaska) for oil. Which I doubt they would do. The rewards aren't big enough to justify the expenses.

Otherwise we'll probably just compete with them for territory in the middle east without ever actually fighting them ala the Cold War.

8. proxy war ftmfw :devious: