War on drugs

Discussion in 'General' started by 420Poak, Jan 6, 2014.

1. #1 420Poak, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
    Here's a very interesting video on war on drugs. It's a retired police officer who is against war on drugs and he brings out really good arguments. Take the time to watch it, it's worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8yYJ_oV6xk

I'd like to hear some feedback

We live in a fucked up world...

2. Is this the one that thinks every drug should be legal?

He speaks about drugs in general, so yes all drugs that are commonly sold illegaly.

4. [quote name="420Poak" post="19287265" timestamp="1388969249"]He speaks about drugs in general, so yes all drugs that are commonly sold illegaly.[/quote]Suck as meth and cocaine?

5. I am going to be sure to use the garden of Eden thing next time I have the chance. Sounds much better than "Moses's burning bush could have been marijuana" Lol. I think if Peter Christ ran for office in one of the legal states he could win and once he is in Congress or a Mayor or some shit he'll get more media coverage for is views.
    Yes such as meth and cocaine. He is saying to legalize all drugs because people are already doing these drugs and use is on the rise and prohibition is doing more harm than good. Yeah marijuana isnt bad and legalizing it would take it away from criminals but there are still other illicit drugs out there that gangsters can sell.

6. [quote name="Nerd139" post="19294045" timestamp="1389069240"]I am going to be sure to use the garden of Eden thing next time I have the chance. Sounds much better than "Moses's burning bush could have been marijuana" Lol. I think if Peter Christ ran for office in one of the legal states he could win and once he is in Congress or a Mayor or some shit he'll get more media coverage for is views.Yes such as meth and cocaine. He is saying to legalize all drugs because people are already doing these drugs and use is on the rise and prohibition is doing more harm than good. Yeah marijuana isnt bad and legalizing it would take it away from criminals but there are still other illicit drugs out there that gangsters can sell.[/quote]So once these illicit drugs are legal what are people going to do next to "act otl? Murder? Then we might as well have to make that legal too sometime.Idk im high as fuck

7. Dont legalize murder but you can make some people think twice about murder when they know they are going to be prison. With drugs the fear of punishment doesnt stop people at least not enough. Why do most people not murder? Not because of punishment but because they were taught and agree to the fact that you shouldnt harm others(At least I hope that's the case). Same thing with drugs. Punishment is not going to stop most people but education will. It is like that guy statd in the video. Tobacco use is down because we got the word out about the dangers. Throwing people who need help into a system that is not designed to help them is not going to stem the tide. Education and treatment programs will do that. If someone is going to do something they are going to do it plain and simple.