War On Drugs?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Marc77, Feb 16, 2013.

1. What do you guys think about the war on drugs? Should just weed be legalized or should we legalize all drugs? I strongly support the legalization of all drugs.

2. Legalize weed for recreational use, and look to advance it greatly in the medical community.

As far as opening the floodgates to all drugs, you would literally create a global financial meltdown if you did that. You have no idea just how much that (black) market makes the world go 'round. Sad but very true.

3. Hmm.. never thought about that. Would it make any difference if we slowly over time legalized all drugs for recreational purposes.

4. I support the legalization of all drugs, prohibition of any substance is absurd.

5. I'm going to war! War on my brain!

6. Cool! Can I help?

7. Legalizing all and giveing safe access to both the product and help will both help reduce deaths, lives ruined by drugs and will lower violence in America.

I think that this is a long way off in America and we need to get weed before trying anything else

8. Federal government needs to drop this useless effort.

Let local and state authorities decide the course of action. I think that meth labs should be shut down and dealers should be forced to do some reasonable public service or pay heavy fines to charities (not government). Putting them in jails costs us a ton of money and nobody is better off because of that.

And marijuana should be legal/decriminalized, that goes without saying.

9. Care to explain? I know a few Western Govs. use profits from illegal drug sales to finance black ops to keep the money trail away from prying eyes but global financial melt down? More like no more Contra type shit(for those who don't know google Iran Contra).

Legalizing all drugs would also cut the crime rate and put drug cartels out of business over night. Mexico might return to its former glory as a nice vacation spot. It would be very good for the economy, not the secret economy.

10. War on Freedom

11. Look at the statistic for Portugal who unofficially legalized all drugs and shifted resources toward rehabilitation.

Drug use is way down there.

America won't do it because the drug war empowers the police state.

12. Well how about we "decriminalize" all drugs instead at least for now

That will get rid if the death and destruction and dea. It will cut government spending and weaken gangs and cartels.

But it will still give cops and parents something to do whilst lowering prison population.

I'm for complete legalization but decrinibalization seems like a good.middle.ground for now

13. I think the guv'ment has no right to tell me what drugs i can and cant do

14. Decriminalization will not weaken gangs or cartels.

The black market will still be the only source for weed.

Decriminalization is just a weak compromise. We still have to use dealers with limited selection and inflated prices. Walking into a weed shop is 100 times better.

15. Growing your own is even better! Allegedly...

16. Any excuse to post a Rothbard video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiB3YfjCOjQ]Rothbard on the Drug War - YouTube[/ame]

17. I, myself, love having a huge selection of the worlds finest strains to choose from.

18. how would that work?

are you OK with hard-drug dealers selling their stuff as they please?
    why wouldn't turf wars escalate even further because possession with intent to sale is no longer a crime?
    would be OK to engineer chemical compounds in your home-made lab?

and how would decriminalization affect cartels, except by giving them more power?

19. How the fuck did I know you would be someone who just joined this site?

20. What's that supposed to mean?