Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

War on Drugs Destroys Lives.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by HeadySpaghetti, Feb 15, 2010.

1. I recently submitted this on MTV suggestions, im sure if its gets enough attention, with the help of you all, we can get the real damage from the war on drugs shown to the public.

MTV | Topic | Make a Special on "How the War On Drugs destroys lives" - Im One of them

If your not a memeber of MTV sign up just for this and comment on it and agree , this may be one shot we have to show the public how bad the war on drugs really is . \t\t
    \t\t\t\t__________________

2. a) one does not need to be a member to view your suggestion

2) next time you suggest any ideas to a tv network, edit ur written material. lots of run-on sentence and you needed more paragraphs.

oh, and also, i still don't get how the war on drugs has directly affected YOU. i'm searching for a link.... and, uh..... no, can't find one. :confused:

3. By me being arrested for possesion and what happened after because of it.

4. dude that is SO not related to how the war on drugs destroys lives. you really need to do urself a favor and educate urself on the matter. u obviously have some good activist traits about you, just get ur facts straight. mis-information coming from "our" angle can only hurt our bigger purpose....

there are many great websites out there. just google "war on drugs" and read up!

5. Pretty sure me being arrested cause my life to be pretty much destroyed at the moment, if you were going through what I have been, I would prey for you.

6. I know when I want to watch a fair, unbiased, factual show I always head over to MTV.....

7. You were arrested for breaking the law.
    You knew that if you had that much drugs in the car, you could get in trouble. You did it anyway. You break a law or a rule, even if you dont agree with the rule, you're going to face consequences for it.

Thats like me killing someone, going to jail, and then claiming that the "war on crime" is responsible for ruining my life. Definitely not the fact that I broke the law though, that definitely couldn't be it.

8. #8 Abusek, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
    You aren't looking at this the right way at all.

"America is fighting its war on drugs the way it fought the Vietnam War: as a deliberate no-win war. Not only are we not winning the war on drugs, we are surrendering our constitutional liberties in the process."

9. i blame the king of nepal, him as his heroin!
    BASTARD :devious:

10. My story might be more relavent
    3 months ago I got hit by a car, and broke my ankle. While I was sitting on the guard rail going into shock, the police oficer searched my bag, without informing me, and found less than 2 grams of mids and my pipe.
    now because of legal fees, I may not be able to afford a second year of college, and on top of that, If the conviction goes through, the insurance company may put the medical bills on my family. If that happens, I'm going into bad debt, and I will have to drop out.
    also, what kind of job can you get with a biochemistry degree and 2 drug convictions?
    I got completely fucked over by this bullshit law
    8 days till I know for sure

11. Well, it's a little more complicated than that. While this doesn't relate to marijuana at all, lets look a destructive drug as heroin. If it were to be legal and people used but continually used it to the point that our hospitals are over run by people OD'ing and can't quite pay the bills, wouldn't that heavily tax society as a whole?

MJ thankfully isn't destructive, but for some drugs, such as heroin, decriminalization is key. People who use these drugs to such a point need help, not jail time, but the suppliers should be taken care of.

Of course not everyone will be ODing who use and maybe some can use it reasonably...but never doubt the powers of such destructive drugs.

12. #12 Abusek, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
    This is complete bullshit and I agree .The Fourth Amendment of the Constitution guarantees the "right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures..." The expansion of police powers as part of the war on drugs has been one of the most significant challenges to the integrity of the Fourth Amendment.

Edit, Like the guy said above me, Pain relief is one of the major casualties of the war on drugs. As federal prosecutors target physicians who prescribe large doses of pain-killing drugs because they can also be abused, doctors are increasingly afraid to provide relief for sick people with intractable pain. As Pain Relief Network President Siobhan Reynolds said, "Ninety-eight percent of doctors won't touch [chronic pain patients] with a 10-foot pole."

13. there should be a liscensing program for alcohal and all other currently illegal drugs
    weed and tobacco should only have age limits