WAR on DRUGS Destroying Lives.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by HeadySpaghetti, Feb 15, 2010.

1. I recently submitted this on MTV suggestions, im sure if its gets enough attention, with the help of you all, we can get the real damage from the war on drugs shown to the public.

MTV | Topic | Make a Special on "How the War On Drugs destroys lives" - Im One of them

If your not a memeber of MTV sign up just for this and comment on it and agree , this may be one shot we have to show the public how bad the war on drugs really is . \t\t
    \t\t\t\t__________________

2. I'm so sorry man... idk what else to say. that fucking sucks and its bullshit.

3. i don't understand why ur posting this all over gc.... did i miss a memo?

4. Didn't know which place to post it at, and wanted it to get noticed and try to get something good going.

5. its the kids fault. he needs to man up and accept responsibility. its not weed that ruined his life its the courts and stupidity. if it was legal then we would not have this problem. even if the age was 21 like drinking then you give people MIP's not all this other shit.

6. if murder was legal murderers wouldnt have that problem either.

in my opinion talking about how the courts fucked you isnt as good of a cause as drug cartels killing innocent people.

7. The difference is that murder is immoral and smoking/possessing a plant isn't. Seriously, getting jail time for cannabis is fucking bullshit. It's the most useful goddamn plant out there.

8. #8 chronicman00, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
    thats an opinion.

whats good and bad is all up to the observer. how do you think people can murder people without remorse. in their eyes its not all that fucked up while it can be to someone like you.

some people believe smoking is immoral but we dont. its all opinion.;)

there really aint no good or bad in the world son. things just are and humans add positive or negative connotations to everything.

9. Just because it's an opinion doesn't mean it's wrong. Seriously, if there is a flaw in my argument, please provide a counterexample. Did I say anything that was incorrect?

10. well its obviously not gonna be wrong to you if its your opinion. your right is someone elses wrong. everyone is entitled to their own opinions. im just pointing something out since you said murder is immoral. its only immoral to those who believe it is.

11. #11 Arteezy, Feb 15, 2010
    How can it be wrong to anyone else and wouldn't that opinion be incorrect? I don't really buy into the whole fact vs. opinion thing. There are true statements and then there are false statements. What I said was true, and unless you can provide an example where the statement I made was incorrect, it's the same thing as a fact. Simply saying that it's wrong to someone else, doesn't make it wrong from an objective standpoint.

EDIT: Furthermore, yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but that doesn't make it right. I bet there are terrorists who think killing civilians is morally ok. Do you believe they're correct? If you do, then how do you justify killing them, thus enforcing our own morality upon them? To me this seems like an argument similar to the one for cultural relativism. Just because a culture sacrificed humans, doesn't make that act moral. The act is still immoral even though they believed that it was necessary.

12. #12 chronicman00, Feb 15, 2010
    alright your statement is that getting put behind bars for cannabis is bullshit?
    the reason you can even get locked up is because some people believe smoking marijuana is immoral. but me and you on the other hand believe it is totally fine.

someone will always believe the opposite of what you believe as long as its a matter of opinion not fact.

some people believe masturbation and sex before marriage is immoral. does that mean its bad? well thats up to the observers.

13. I could've sworn we were talking about murder, but ok we can talk about that.

Ok, they're obviously wrong. I would ask any of those people to explain their reasoning. If it's logical, then, perhaps it will get interesting; however, I highly doubt that their reasons are based in anything factually correct. The truth is still the truth even if no one believes it and a lie is still a lie even if everyone believes it (taken from maxrule's sig).

No, it doesn't mean it's bad. The only opinion that matters to me is my own (except, perhaps, individuals I know personally). I don't care if they think it's bad that I masturbated before I married. I know it isn't wrong. Have you ever heard of the non-aggression principle or self-ownership? I usually subscribe to a libertarian set or morals, which basically says the act is immoral if it involves violating another person's natural rights (aka initiating force).

14. oh i got mixed up i thought you were talkin about cannabis for a second.

i got mixed emotions on murder. in my eyes its the reason of murder what makes it wrong.

like lets say my buddy murdered a guy for rapin his sister. I wouldnt give him any shit for that.

guy murdered cause he can? thats fucked up in my opinion. but again its all in the eyes of the observer. Some Aztecs felt honored for being able to offer peoples hearts(or their own) to their Gods and the spaniards thought it was all fucked up. perfect example right there

15. Ok, do you at least believe that it's an immoral act (murdering someone because they can) and thus at least some punishment is deserved?

Also, I wouldn't feel bad for the rapist that died or accuse your friend of doing something immoral. The rapist initiated force upon a female (minor?) and thus, his life is basically forfeit. He broke the 1 rule: Don't violate the natural rights of another.

16. i believe murdering some one for no reason is immoral. or for something dumb like owing money. i like your number 1 rule though.

17. Chronicman I hope you are trolling him.

Also the difference there isn't enough significant proof that MJ has any negative effects and on top of that it is a damn shame so many Americans rot in jail over a victimless crime. More people are serving time in prison then murder, rape, assault and all other violent crimes combined. Virtually all polls across America agree that legalization is the right option. For the government to sit back and say "No." is an unconstitutional act and I am disgusted to see it.

18. You know when fear enters into your heart, the government isn't far away. Red White and Blue is everywhere. I'm going through the same thing right now. The bottom line to resisting everything is, "you must be fearless and believe only in the things that have significant proof, (the things that are true". God hates WAR. We are the enemy. War is evil. I got pulled over and i'm going through the same thing. Its beyond explaining at this point. I honestly want away from the US. ) The government is waging war against its own people.

We who are trying to be "Green", where's the cannabis plants? Where is the influence of Good? Peacefulness? Sure as hell isn't coming from the CIA.

19. I don't believe that he was. He was arguing for moral relativism (as you can see, the argument is extremely weak), while I was arguing that there is an objective morality.