War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gumbygrow, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Russian-backed separatists in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions – collectively known as Donbas – broke away from Ukrainian government control in 2014 and proclaimed themselves independent “people’s republics”, until now unrecognised.

Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, has announced that he is recognising two breakaway regions in eastern Ukraine as independent. Russia has sent peacekeeping forces to the regions.

Joe Biden has also recognized the two regions as independent by imposing sanctions on them, confirming once again, he is a moron.

Ukraine hasn't taken the bait yet, hopefully they don't.

My advice is to let them go Zelensky, they are Russia's problem now. Stand your ground, work with Putin to restore peace to the region. Enough blood has been shed. Don't take arms or advice from Biden, he is a warmonger that sniffs little girl's hair. Joe wants you to flee your country to entice Russia to take it all. Don't do it man.

• Disagree x 6
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. Joe Biden is a fuckin' weirdo. The government of my country is no better though.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. It would probably put the us in a better position with a weakened/ stretched russian military. (No one knows how many troops will come when the drums of war begin)

But a weakened russia might make room for other Powers that might be worse(china)

I hope for a peaceful resolution

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. i wish the uk where i live would sort out its own country ,the uk seems to be slowly sinking with Bullshit from any uk government that get voted in ....mac,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. NBC interrupts Jeopardy to announce war has begun in Kyiv. The reporter aparently heard 2 loud explosions so the American Propaganda campaign has begun. No explosions during broadcast, no tracer fire lighting up the night sky, just a scared reporter girl that doesn't understand the concept of a chinstrap on a kevlar helmet.
    Fake news, is going to start this war if Putin won't.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. There have been reports of explosions in 4 cities over a period of 3 hours. Not quite the 190,000 troop blitzkrieg they have been advertising.

Ukraine is no pussy, they know Soviet block tactics better than anyone. Kids are taught about firearms in school. They have over 400,000 people with combat experience. This isn't something Putin is going to just roll in and take without a bloodbath on both sides. I really hope it stops with the 2 breakaway regions.

I love my country, I will defend her till my dying breath, but I am getting really sick of our involvement in every goddamn war that comes along, and the msm narrative to justify it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ukraine is in trouble. Russia is going to walk through without a whole lot of resistance.

Sent from my BE2028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. What are they going to shoot, their drones? They have enough firepower out at sea to really make Ukraine "a fiction". Russia has one of the most advanced militaries in the world. Hopefully he tries to minimize civilian casualties.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Then why hasn't it happened? They have that many troops, no massive bombardment, no overwhelming shock and awe. Echelon after echelon is soviet doctrine. They don't start an invasion with a few random explosions.

11. i'm thinking this whole scenario has been orchestrated to occur exactly as it is occurring now. yes it's real, yes people will die, but the whole situation stinks worse than 3 day old fish. Let's see what happens in the next 12 hours. if russia rolls into Kyiv with no major resistance even the most naive person would have to ask, "there have been weeks and months to build blockades to stop the tanks at the entry points and none of that was done? why not"? that a very basic defensive tactic - minimal.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. I just saw a photo of a few bmps driving down a road on belarus border also supposed to be part of this "invasion".
    Why is a border crossing near amassed troops open. Yes I agree, 3 day old fish.

From CNN
    7d1d2ced-f3a8-4de6-ab85-2f071f77b079.jpg

CNN has witnessed, through a livestream video, troops atop a column of military vehicles entering Ukraine from a border crossing with Belarus.

The livestream video was taken at the Senkivka, Ukraine crossing with Veselovka, Belarus. The column was seen entering Ukraine around 6:48 a.m. local time.

In recent weeks, Russia has amassed a significant number of troops, vehicles and tanks in Belarus near the border with Ukraine. During that time, the two countries have held joint military exercises across the countries, and near the Belarus-Ukrainian border.

13. We did the same thing everytime we have invaded another country. Bomb them till you can send in ground troops to minimize losses. It's coming. He apparently wasn't bluffing and he has 150k troops. They aren't just for show anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Don't pray often but definitely be saying some for the people of Ukraine Tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bombardment yes, massive bombardment, not a few explosions.
    What did they target? They are reporting Putin's invasion has started, yet they have zero data to back it up. Maybe NBC sally should walk her ass down to the explosion to see what happened before reporting speculation and conjecture, and tighten that damn chin strap.

• Like Like x 1

16. Ukraine is said to have 650,000+ troops, many who have been fighting for a decade or more. i hope what we're seeing is a good old rope-a-dope move by US/Ukraine strategists to lure the russians into an appropriate kill zone and than start slaughtering them. But like i said above, if russia take Kyiv and Lviv with little resistance this is all a deadly puppet show imo. There's no way russia is going to destroy ukraine cities and infrastructure of importance because in large part he wants the spoils of war to be functional. He wants ukraine natural resources in addition to the other 2 basic things he asked for so he would not invade ukraine - NO to Ukraine joining NATO, and get your NATO missile systems away from Russia's border.

Lets all keep an eye on the ball and see what evolves. The US is hyping this like it's the start of WW3 smh. I'm not convinced that's true at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Good on you for questioning the media. Other then media I have no information because I'm not checking it out so news it is. Seems pretty legit.