Wanting To Move Across The Country

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by paperplanes11, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Sup blades.

I had a recent trip that just clicked a lot of things in my head. Most importantly it showed me my path and now i want to move out and across the country. 

I have a friends apartment where i can stay, which is cool with him, he actually said i could move in with him. I would have never caught my flight home but i didnt have anything with me that i own. Most importantly i didnt have the money to stay out there at the moment.

Im just looking for some advice from people who have had a similar situation. 

Whats an ideal amount of money to move out with? Im guessing at least the first 3 months of rent which should allow me to find a job. Then at least $150 a week to live on (I can probably make $100/week work.)

It's always smart to stay in school, but would working full time for a semester pay off or would registering at the local community college and working part time be a better fit? If i were to register than i would need to apply for student loans and FAFSA.

I also had the idea of selling my car and buying a bike to get around but, biking to work everyday and possibly school would be a pain in the ass. The extra money would be nice though.

any help or advice is great. Thanksfor all your time in advance.