Wanting to grow.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Highly Concentrated, Nov 20, 2013.

1. I've always wanted to grow a plant, or two for personal consumption

how much room would a couple plants take? or how much room does it need? I was thinking of planting a couple within my closet. Would that be enough space ?

And generally how much would it cost to plant and care for a plant through its entire cycle?

Thanks,

2. What is the size of your closet?

2 plants could fit in a 2x2 size tent or a 3x3 if you really wanted to grow em big. I have 4 girls in my 3x3 tent and they fill it out nicely and to get to this point (a week into flowering) I have roughly $500 invested not including utilities. Amazon is a great place to get stuff especially if you are signed up for Prime as the free shipping cuts a lot of costs out. I bet for a smaller 2 plant grow in a closet where you don't want a tent you could spend under $400 to get a nice little harvest.

My closet is 4' wide, 2' deep. and between floor and first shelf in closet is rougly 5'6".

I was just wanting to see how i would manage with 2 - 4 plants, to learn the ropes basically before fufulling a bigger garden.

and what is a tent?

4. A grow tent. Basically an enclosure to grow in. Some people build their own, I bought one.

Yeah, just looked @ your grow journal. Gives me a good idea of what to look into, Thanks.

6. I bought my 2 x 4' by 5' tall tent of eBay $80. And a cool tube and 600 watt light of eBay. With soil, pots and nutrients it was 400 or so. With tent and ligh included in that 400. Fan filter combo made it 500. You could easily fit 2 plants and get close to 8 oz. after learning and tweaking your grow techniques.