Wanting to grow in closet, first timer.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SiicKxShoTz, May 11, 2012.

1. #1 SiicKxShoTz, May 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2012
    I am growing tired of obtaining bud that is moldy, not cured/ flushed properly, and not tasty, as I'm sure are others. I have a potential closet grow space about 7' by 10 '. I have never grown before, but have been nit picking around for info. I want to grow short plants. I have looked at growing systems like Stealth Hydroponics, Inc - $4.99 Shipping! - Hydroponics Systems and Supplies, plant lighting, Aeroponics, grow room, hydroponics shops, grow tent, hydroponics kit, grow kits, buddinghouse this system looks ideal to me, it is small, claims to be quiet, and energy efficient. However, isn't the container for the seed/ plant too small to harbor a bud plant? Will I be able to grow in my closet? What are other basic things to know and consider before proceeding in this operation? Are there guides on this forum specifically for closet grow op? I am much obliged to anyone who helps me learn what to do or how to start. :metal:

2. I would suggest you read all the stickies at the top of the forums, and google some cannabis grow guides. There are endless ones on the internet for that. I would suggest you do that then come back to ask more detailed questions as your new. Growing is cake but it takes some homework.

3. well if your interested in my input TBPH id stick with the basics and just do a small first time setup grow maybe 2 or 3 plants so you can practice on

Im learning myself so you dont have to listen to anything i say :p

4. #4 SiicKxShoTz, May 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2012
    Is it totally necessary to have a ventilation system in my closet to grow? Will that stealth hydro system give plants enough room to grow? Also I am considering getting autoflowering seeds, does autoflower affect quality and or potency of the bud?

5. Ventilation does more then exhaust heat, it takes away moisture, provides a breeze. If you have no ventilation in that room firstly your lamp will build up heat to a unacceptable level, then eventually you will get mold and thats it for those plants.

6. But being a stealth box could it have potential.. like grow pretty big? say i have a place 6/ft tall and 2 feet wide and 3-4 long could i grow a nice amount would it be cheap to make a homemade growing box? i dont really care about stealth..Ive been picking around on here and cant really find homemade growing boxes :l