Wanting to grow a single house plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Remenissions, Mar 5, 2009.

1. That pot would be fine. Start with soaking the seeds in some water until they pop open. Then move them to small seed starting cases. As for your light, I'd recommend CFL seeing as how this is probably your first grow. And yes, I would definitely keep the door closed. You'd probably need good ventilation as well. Any other questions, just post em.

2. 3-4 CFLs should work fine for you. Keep them focused on and as close to the plants as you can get once they get established (2-3 sets of leaves). A small fan blowing on it would be a good idea too.

3. K cool, thanks for the help

4. NP. And check out youtube. It has plenty of good grow vids. Not to mention the grow section here on GC =)

5. Ya iv been looking, i was kindv hoping to just get it growing and have it sit in a window lol

6. When using CFL's make sure you begin with Daylight then for flowering switch to soft light, this is the best to mimick the sun and the seasons. Do you have to be discreate about it?

7. Not until it looks like a weed plant

8. Ehh then still using CFL all the way throug hwould be best...in a box. keep it on a 18/6 cycle while in veg with those daylight cfl's.

9. Ill take a picture of my bedroom soon and the choices of where I have to grow it.

10. Ok, best place is a nice stealthy area but easily accessable. Keep it dark and cover joints to conceal light. close to outlet and a whole for fan/ventilation

11. Once it starts rooting from the soil how long do I wait before i start it on a light/dark cycle?

12. you should just use t5 florescents tubes for veg, and for flowering grab tube bulbs fo a different spectrun light. this would provide better coverage and yield than just cfl bulbs.

13. In a more basic term: Just put about 100W of CFL DAYLIGHT on it while it is growing(veg), you can do this whiel its in the ground and then light is already there for when it sprouts.

You should also read up on germiantion, it helps.

And then when it starts to flower and get bigger, switch the daylight cfl's to soft light cfl's.

14. Ok cool, and yea i have 5 germinating as we speak, and i just planted and watered 3 in plastic cups just to see what happens.

15. Ok, biggest thing you dont want to do is OVER water them, its very easy.

16. Also, im using some seeds that came out of some mids. What are the chances of these being growable enough?

17. seeds have alot to do with how the plant will turn out, but just cause you got your seed from some mids doesn't mean your couldn't have some sweet sticky, just take care of your girls like they were your children, don't forget to show them love and affection, in no time you will be growing some B-E-A-utiful ladies. any questions, ask all of them.:smoke: