Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wanting to gag/puke when I take a big rip?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by DopeSare, Jan 12, 2013.

1. It seems like every time I take a rip from a fat bowl, I kind of gag and feel like I could puke... I don't know if its the taste if the smoke, the amount, or the heat in my throat and lungs that make me want to puke. I hate it because it makes me not want to continue smoking. Is this normal?

2. that happens sometimes when i smoke too much lol. The only reason I turn down weed while smoking is because my body doesnt let me anymore. Which is same that happens to you, feel like throwing up, my eyes get wattery and my throat cant. So I just pass. Doesnt happen as often tho. Normally when i get to that point I know i smoked good shit :)

3. it happens, sucks when you're in a circle and it happens though. cause i can outsmoke like anyone, and i never get too high. but sometimes my lungs just FUCKING hurt so i have to take little hits and i won't get as high. :/
    if i'm by myself i'll just ease up and smoke the bowl slower.
    pretty much the only way to not die is to not take the biggest hit ever, i especially find it burns like fuck if i'm out of breathe at the end of my inhale and i'm still getting lots of smoke near the end of my hit.
    idk how to explain in, it's like,
    air<smoke< breathe in a little clean air at the end of my hit to cool my lungs.

4. The only time I feel I have to pass is because I've had taken too much big hits snd i know if i puff one more time i will cough a lung. So i suppress it, but it feels like if my throat closes but i open it. Then i hit it nextime :hello:

5. Yep, nearly every rip from my bong I get that throw up feeling, really gross, makes me shut my eyes really hard and quiver some times, then I grab a bottle of water.

6. Take smaller rips until you get used to the size and then increase.

7. You have a sensitive gag reflex. That it all.

8. Happens to my girl, she has an extremely sensitive stomach so when we smoke sometimes if she takes a massive rip it will make her cough and puke, my bongs made me puke a few times as well.

Stale ass smoke could do it too, stale smoke tastes like shit and is very harsh.

9. Yeah it's normal lol. Just take smaller hits man. Your lungs can only take so much at once, especially if you are new to smoking.

10. just puke, bro. and keep ripp'in

11. you proberbly arnt used to the amount your inhaling. sometimes i feel the same way

12. I have this problem sometimes, especially if I haven't toked out of a bong in a while. The solution is to take a smaller hit.

13. stop taking insanely massive hits

14. Never had this happen.

You don't mix tobacco with your weed, do you?

15. I was about to say this.

maybe it's the size of your bong? or maybe it's taking you too long to milk it? having a larger bong and/or milking it too slowly will often leave smoke stale, and we all know that tastes like asshole.

I went from my 20" bong to my 10" bong and wow. there is so much more taste and it's much less harsh.

16. Actually, I've just remembered: when my bong was in need of cleaning, it would leave a terrible taste in my mouth/make me want to puke sometimes.

Dirty bong?

17. I agree, dirty bong

18. I thinks its the butane from ur lighter. Do you light it then smoke or do you keep flame on weed for whole bong hit.

19. try sucking a big ol cock.

then a bong rip wont seem so bad ;)

20. Sorry I should have clarified, I'm talking about hits from a big bowl, not bong. But yeah I think the issue is that I need to take smaller hits