wanting a new pipe need advice

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by aidenmurrey, Oct 6, 2009.

1. #1 aidenmurrey, Oct 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2009
    so im going home on the 16th. and theres a headshop near where i live and im interested in buying a pipe. i bought a chillum there but its really harsh, so im looking for something new. i was thinking of getting a spoon but im not quite sure. what do you guys think of them? i like the idea of having an upright bowl, but are they harsh on the lungs?

oh yeah, i forgot to mention, under 30$ would be good

2. try a bubbler, they are more expensive but are compact(compared to a bong) and hold a small amount of water to cool the smoke.

3. I would definetly recommend getting a spoon. My first piece was a really nice glass spoon a friend gave to me. I used it a shit load. Then, after that I also got a bong. So, starting off with a spoon is nice because its small. bongs are so big and take up room.

4. I love my spoon. Extremely thick glass and it is long giving the smoke more time to cool and diffuse. You're not going to get a pipe that hits smoother than a bong but as far as portability goes they are great.

5. i can take hot flame ok but its terrible when it feels like your throat is on fire and you cough really hard. i hate that. im getting better at smoking but will i experience a lot of burn in my throat from using a spoon? will it be less harsh then using a chillum?

6. Absolutely. When getting a spoon I would look for something with a deep bowl and thick glass.

This is my bowl, Win Dixie. It goes in the freezer and the blue liquid cools but doesn't freeze allowing for a colder smoother hit.

[​IMG]

7. ^^ sick spoon dude. never seen one with that freezing liquid inside

8. I had one similar but it was green.. "Shrek" broke it cleaning it.. never froze it though.
    As far as that goes im not sure that changing the glass from extreme cold then putting a flame to it is too healthy for your piece. Just my .02 though.

9. cool.

what should i look for in a spoon besides color?
    what makes a good spoon pipe?
    what characteristics should i look for interms of the carb hole?
    what makes one carb hole better then another?

10. look for a nice sturdy design, not going to fall over and stuff.
    Make sure its thick and the bowl hole is a good size.
    You dont want a carb hole too little, I like mine about as big around as a pencil.

11. A spoon is gonna be about the same harshness as a chillum. No way to really change that from a basic spoon. Like mentioned look for one with a decent sized bowl, thick sturdy glass, and a medium sized carb. You can find a pipe with all of that for $30.

12. Spoons are great in so many ways. You can travel anywhere with them, they don't cost much and they get you fucking stoned.

Spoons, for me, are pretty harsh though.

13. being so used to bongs, i cough up a lung every time i use a spoon.

but with a spoon, look for WEIGHT, it should feel heavy. Also look for the carb being as far away from the bowl as possible, so to avoid burning your finger. also look for a BIG carb. those tiny pinhole carbs dont do shit for clearing the piece and there's no such thing as one that's too big.