Want to try to grow, how should i start?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tokeup2day, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Can anyone give me tips?

2. The very best tip I can give you is to read all of the stickies in the GC grow forums section, including the sick plants section, and harvesting and curing. Everything you could possibly need to know is in these stickies. From lights to soils, indoor or outdoor, it's all here just waiting to be read, and it's all free. Good luck! :wave:

3. Thanks man, and yeah I've been reading em, I just wanna try mostly for fun, if it works, awesome if not w/e

4. get seeds i think is the first step

5. It will work if you read throughly. Growing MJ is easy easy.

6. Step one: Put seed into dirt.

7. Seriously, do a lot of reading. I have. I don't regret it. At first I would spend hours each morning reading up on all the sections. I loved doing that while smoking and drinking coffee. Now I just pop in here and there to see hows people grows are going or just to catch up.

I'm no expert by any means, I'm still on my first official grow, but I'm at the point where I feel confident about growing again. I learned what not to do by reading and learning from other growers problems/mistakes.

I just did my first harvest (5 more plants to go) and I'm curing right now. Because I read up in the harvesting section, I didn't get any hay smelling buds. Just dank stinky buds.

GC is so awesome.

Good luck!

8. Thanks guys!

9. We can give tips on something specific. This entire forum is dedicated to tips on how to grow, can't pack all that info into one response to one thread...

10. [quote name='"toastybiz"']We can give tips on something specific. This entire forum is dedicated to tips on how to grow, can't pack all that info into one response to one thread...[/quote]

What I'd like to know, what is the very first step, I have seeds

11. Find your grow space. Most use an indoor environment such as a cabinet. Paint it flat white. Get some good organic soil and some quality lights, and a fan or two. And like everyone says, read the stickies. for ex: grandpa's grow guide and kamels cfl guide are great. Good Luck;)

12. [quote name='"rockout74"']

Find your grow space. Most use an indoor environment such as a cabinet. Paint it flat white. Get some good organic soil and some quality lights, and a fan or two. And like everyone says, read the stickies. for ex: grandpa's grow guide and kamels cfl guide are great. Good Luck;)[/quote]
    Thanks man, like I said, just for fun and who knows, I could end up getting some really good bud lol or I cud fail miserably haha

13. Then why do mine keep dying!?!?!?!? :devious:

14. Pearl, start another thread. Post your setup and we'll get to the bottom of what's going on with yours.