Want to try this Puffco Peak, any users share their tips ?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by weedheadz, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Hi Grasscity, 5 years later back in action with a PC again. And a stable internet connection lol

i have been reading and watching vids on youtube of the puffco peak, have any of you used it and how does it compare to normal blow torch method dab rigs. Looking to stop smoking and want to move to concentrates. But very worried about loss of hit and looking to invest in my health a bit more.

• Like Like x 1
  2. At first glance it's a great little piece 'o kit - works great!. But mIne's on it's 4th atomizer in 6 months, so I don't use it much. It will be converted into a basic bubbler next time it craps out. Very poor design. Not recommended at all.

3. I remember us discussing this a while ago when you were still super impressed with it and I was weary because of all the atomizer issues but I ended up getting one eventually. Still on my first atomizer, but I have probably only done about 30-40 dabs out of it and haven't used it in a couple months since I haven't traveled at all and that was my main reason for getting it. Best tip I found is to be ridiculously gentle when q tipping the cup and put no pressure on the bottom ever, I just twist the qtip between my thump and pointer finger to get up most of the remaining puddle.

@OP I look at it as an amazing little travel rig, you just have to be very careful with it and clean it properly and even then, atomizers are still going to break every once in a while. I wouldn't use this as my daily driver for dabbing at home, but it does produce some nice big flavorful hits that are perfect for trips in a hotel, camping etc

4. Yes, I had a terrible infatuation with the damn thing at first, but it didn't last. And I'm probably just dumb enough to get the Peak II if/when it comes out as well. :bang:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lol I am not much better, even knowing all the issues I was like yeah I still want one. And it has its use for me, but I just don't use it at home since I have my rig sittin there.

6. I’ll be totally honest. I ripped one the other day, and it felt like a three hundred dollar piece. It chugs huge dab rips, easy on the lungs, and if you don’t get 3-4x as much off your dabs vs using quartz, I’ll kiss your ass.

It’s amazing, and if I had more access to dabs, it’d be a must have immediate purchase for me. I was amazed. Ripped it 5 times and those were the 5 tastiest strongest dabs I’ve ever had in my life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thank you all for your replies. Seems a mixed response and perhaps the puffco is better for travel than being used as an everyday rig. Out of interest can anyone recommend the perfect home dab rig or what they use?

What got me interested in the puffco peak was this blog. i also want to give up smoking and from what i can tell dabbing seems to be the way forward if you don't want to lose potency. Not overly keen on blowtorches though which has put me off till i read that blog. Used all manner of dry herb vapes and it just does not do it for me so i always end up back on the bong. ahhh stoner issues.

8. Maybe the Dr. Dabber Switch might be something for you.

9. i did look at this item, and it seems to be the competitor to the Peak and i will look more into the vid you have provided as i have not seen it before but from a looks point of view it does look a bit big. Although why this bothers me i don't know, i have a glass perc bong that much bigger.

Someone above mentioned the Peak 2. i bet as soon as i buy one the new one comes out lol

thank you for the vid:)

10. The vid might be good because he actually compares it to the peak at some points. From my understanding, only time he uses his peak is when he goes somewhere, so peak has portability speaking for it. An in depth review (or preferably a few) tends to be the best way cause they might bring up points that are important to you but not to me, they might even bring up stuff we haven't thought of.

The sentiment that has been shared here about the peak have been shared on other vaping forums too and some people have moved away to the switch because of that, seems most of them are quite happy with it. If portability is a major concert though, none of that might matter.

GL Brother

11. I have the peak - personally, I love it, and I use it all the time. It is classy looking, and once you get the hang of it down it works great.

What others have noted is true, the atomizer seems to be pretty fragile, but my experiences aren't as bad. I'm on my second one. First one lasted about 3 days. Customer support sent me a free replacement, and some instructions on how to clean it (the trick is to place the whole assembly into iso and DON'T use a q tip on it!). With this method, my second one has lasted basically a year so far and is going strong still. But... I do keep a third replacement on hand just in case something goes wrong.

In summary - I 10/10 recommend.

Order a spare atomizer while you're at it (save on shipping) - but watch the videos on how to clean so you don't have to use it.

12. #12 Acewiza, Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Not a dab rig, but this is what I use for concentrates in my normal daily routine now:
    [​IMG]

It's relatively inexpensive, well built and has a variety of coils with 2 different tops. I prefer it to the Peak in every way, not all that much hotter if you take it slow. You won't get the big, lung-busting hits you can from a dab rig. But it works great, for me.

13. its good if u take care of ur health first. even i m trying same ..

14. had my peak for over a year now.. ive bust it out only a few times to sesh with few fellas but i keep it as my personal rig 90% of time.. tried the carta focus and wasnt impressed with the flavor and the temp it gave me.. yes you get nice cloud on carta but you lose most of the flavor.. dont shoot the messenger but i am still on the very first atomizer and stock ceramic (still looking brand new). i have been maintaining the peak and i never use it if there is no qtip at hand.. qtip swab after each load of dab.. i drop it (whole atomizer) in iso 99% once a week..
    cold dabs gives such great flavor..
    you want more vapor? pick a temp (ie red) hit two clicks once it vibrates hit it twice again (sesh mode) and drop your dab and cap it up.
    i got what a paid for no more torch and butane for me and will never ever waste my concentrates anymore by not getting to right temp..
    i feel bad for the others who invested that are have a n opposite experience.. and for the ones that got derailed to not buying it.. you need to experience it yourself- perfect temp dabs all yhe time... just need to learn how to maintain the device properly and your peak wont be Defective as the others claim it to be. oh and also regarding the batteries- if it dies on you contact support and they will send a Brand new base.. i see a lot of people saying BS like once battery dies its just a paperweight useless pos.. hate on my brothers

15. I'm sure a few manage to nurse them along like I did for awhile, but the Peak is a crap design with more flaws than Trump's got legal problems. Too hot, too fragile and last, but not least too expensive.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

16. #16 rocksandsauce, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    it all comes down to the user i do nurse my peak as you should since you spent $400 on it.. just like any other equipment or apparel you pay with your hard earned money. my friend got the focus at $250 and he also had the peak.. everyone was hating on the peak and was glorifying the carta because its temp is adjustable (company should have explained it more how it works. apple phone wont recognize the bluetooth connection so thats bs) battery indicator, removable batteries, and most important of all its almost half the price of the peak.. go follow that carta thread and its basically same issues as the peak.. atomizer would stop working (idk maybe it was abused and not cleaned as thoroughly?) i cn see it happening for heavy heavy user that load big globs of concentrate in their inserts.. you are more likely to accumulate those leftover in your atomizer if not dropped in the iso frequently it will gunk up in there and eventually hit the thread connection...

17. #17 Acewiza, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    Mine never got used enough to even remotely need cleaning. Volodarky himself admitted the issues I mention above in an interview with one of these online rags not too long ago. You'll learn it sooner or later.

18. ill keep the forums posted about my peak so far after more than a year of usage its still ripping for me.. i did not pay retail for mine.. paid half of that $400 sticker.. scooped it up from a friend who went through 8 atomizers.. ive taken road trips with this device over a year after im on the same atomizer.. but yes i will wait till it shits on me then maybe i can say its defective.