Want to start growing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by kabiri, Sep 1, 2009.

1. I live in nor cal always hot and we get a plenty of sun light
    i got some purple seeds from my dealer
    i was how do i start ?
    i want to germinate the seed then put it in a huge gardening pot with high grade soil and through it outside
    kabiri

2. First before you do anything i would recomend reading ALL of the stickies so you have a fair idea on where to start. go visit your local wallmart pick up some soil and a pot, germ your seed, plant it, start a grow journal and see where it goes from there. its simple and nothing to it ;)

hope this was helpfull

3. Buy feminized seeds. It will save you time in the long run.

4. One more important thing... stay away from Miracle Grow unless it is organic, don't get anything that has fertilizers in it, start the seeds in basic plan original soil. If you can get Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil, just make sure you read the stickies first

5. i have a few questions the sticks dident address...
    can i start growing in a 5 gallon or lager pot ?
    is it to late to grow out door ? where i live we have about 3-4 more months of Great weather (80-90F)

6. Not true. I bought fem seeds. Planted 6 and all 6 are now over 7ft and budding. No hermies here. From reading quite a bit on here it seems that hermies usually happen when mishandling the plants occurs, not properly repotting, etc...

I highly recommend fem seeds. And just read read and read some more. Everything you need to know is on here, every question you will have as a beginner has been asked and answered. I knew nothing last fall so I read all the stickies and read Old Pork's 2008 journal and applied everything I learned. It's not rocket science. Just read and apply what you've learned. gl!

7. ok
    Thanks guys
    How can i tell if a seed is feminized ?

8. I live in Climate Zone: 7A
    When should i start growing ?
    is to late to start ?

9. Oks mate, gratz on the good choice to start growing.

1. What season is it? ideally you want to plant about 30-60 days into spring so no cold weather..

2. Read the guides! Go to the apprentice section and look at germination guide, then general growing guide.. Read and Reread over and over untill you know what to do 100%.

3. Gather your shit together.. Seeds, soil, pots, nutes ect ect Have em all ready for your grow.

4. Scope out your spot, you should scout to make sure noone will stumble across it..

Hope that helps abit.. Im going to plant soon..

Edit: You can buy feminized seeds.. But if your like me and only have what you have.. id plant and raise about 4 plants and eliminate the males later. You may get all females.. You may only get 1.

10. I have only tried weed a few times but i love it man it just so expensive so i decide to grow it...
    I have a big back yard and my neighbors wont care there old..

1.Its summer here 85-90F daily for the next 2-3 months
    2.Will do
    3.Where is a good place to buy feminized seeds ?
    what is a good strand easy to grow and is also femenized so i dont have to hassle with the males
    4.Backyard is clear

11. Are you growing in doors or out doors ?

12. #12 Blaghlagh, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2009

I like to go to Cannabis seeds | Marijuana Seeds. They are legit and have a huge selection of seeds. There are lots of different kinds of good seeds tho, so getting advice from somebody on that here or looking around in http://forum.grasscity.com/seed-banks may help you answer that question. It depends on how much you are willing to spend and what exactly you are looking for in a plant (Beyond feminized, easy to grow, ect.) Wish I could help more, but I am not that experienced with growing many types of different cannabis yet since I do not have the funds in the pocketbook to afford it (Though god I would love to)

Good luck.

Edit: Make sure to read the stickies too, there is loads of good info in them that will really help out during a grow. Also, have fun with it, growing cannabis can be a very fulfilling and rewarding hobby (Aside from just being able to smoke your own :) )

13. I been reading the stickies non-stop i am looking forward to it so much i dont want to wait til the end of winter to start growing but in door growing seems to complicated for me are there any alternatives ?
    I want a strain which is easy to grow,feminized,strong thc content...

14. as a begginer you should really start of with the seeds you were given. because if you fuck up you didnt just waste like 60 dollars on some seeds.

15. Hmm Well you can set up a mini pc stealth grow... They look fairly easy, veg for 2 weeks then flower untill your happy with ur grow.. only take about 2-3 months total tops and youll get about half ounce or so.. You can set up one of them for under $100 easily. There are some decent indoor grow journals on here about it, check them out! =]

Outdoor grows must wait untill spring has begun so veg is long enuf... Also the flowering starts when days shorten in autum..

This^^^^

16. Outdoors?? Get some fem seeds and grow in the spring.

17. I can't wait to start growing
    by.march or April I'll know everything

18. i might just start a grow now and see how far i can get before the weather gets bad
    and it will be a good trail run

19. i know if your in cali you grow in the spring, but the house i got has a semi-functioning greenhouse. Can i grow now? well anyways, i already did and its like 5 inches already. keep going?