Want to start growing.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by haz3y, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Well, I've decided that I would like to start growing my own cannabis.

But I don't have the time or money to set up a growing closet complete with lights and fans and auto-pots etc. I just want to get some seeds, put them in some soil, add ferts and let them sit outside or something. Is that possible?

If anyone could just make me a list of supplies I will need to start growing.

Pretty much I just wanna plant the seeds in some pots and set the pots outside if that is possible. Of course I will be able to check on them every few days or so and water them. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks again.

2. i did same thing in april..start in a smaller 4" pot or so, transplant when little gals are strong enough 1" or so read all you can and look at pics...it's pretty easy..they grow like if conditions are right..this forum is the best one i have seen by far stick with it these folks will help you out good luck

3. I'm a complete beginner at all things concerned with growing anything. So you are saying I should plant the seeds in a small 4" pot then when the sprout is about 1" tall I should transplant it into a larger pot?

Also, is it too late to start growing a plant?

4. yes it is possible to grow in pots outdoors
    there is alot to growing though and you will have to research on your own
    just look through the forums here on grasscity, make sure u check out the stickies, and youll start to figure it out
    as for your list of supplies, for a low budget outdoor grow all you really need is seeds, pots, and good soil. ofcourse there are some more supplies you may need for keeping animals away or what ever your particular grow requires and how u plan on accomplishing it.
    start your project by finding a good spot to grow, where there will be good light and where you wont get caught
    than learn about germinating your seeds and research your way through as you go along
    GL

5. Thanks for the advice. I live out in some pretty deep forestation, do you think the tops of the trees will block the sunlight from reaching the plant or does sunlight pass through leaves? Will I have to keep them out in my backyard in plain sight?

6. Ok for the last time answering these types of questions ,THEY ARE ALREADY ANSWERED SOMEHWERE ELSE ON THE SITE.

You want to germinate it first(learn how to do that)
    Then put germinated seed in 4 gal pot(quarter of your finger into the dirt drop seed put loose dirt over it)
    In your case you want to grow outside(read on outside growing)
    They should get at least 6 hrs of sunlight a day
    Thats just the basics.......READ UP ON THIS SITE AND OUTDOOR GROWING

Good luck

P.S. you want to do more than one seed, unlessed feminized, because it has a 50/50 chance of becoming male or female. And 1 pot/hole per plant.

JUST REEEAAAAAAD AND LEARN

7. should just have enough photo period to veg and flower i started some inside under floros 24-7 and after 4 weeks moved outside, nature will do the rest read read read

8. if they are bag seed, just make a spot in direct sunlight prepair the soil, dig a 1-2ft hole put good soil in hole put the seed 1/4-1/2 inch in dirt & cover the seed. water the soil b4 u put seed in. make sure soil stays moist. or germinate the seed in a paper towel, then put seed in soil & cover. while your waiting for it to pop up, read read read, & read these threads, and research the net.