want to make sure i dont kill my new plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by nuggetroaster1, Apr 19, 2009.

1. hey everyone, so im going to be transplanting outdoors within the next few days and ive got everything all set so far. In my holes i mixed up peat moss, some compost, manure, native soil, blood meal, and bone meal. My plants are only about 3 inches tall and i want to put them straight into the holes and skip putting them in medium sizes pots. I saw somewhere that you should not use bone meal or blood meal for baby plants so i was wondering if this could be a problem for the plants or if they should be alright. thanks everyone

2. If you mixed the meals in well and mostly followed the directions, your babies should do fine.

3. You do not say where you are growing. If you live in an area which has bears. raccoons or similar creatures they will dig out your plants to try and find that blood, bone, etc. Fish based nutrients are even worse and I know of a local grower who lost his whole crop to black bears after applying fish based nutes

4. good point. +rep

5. A few more details please, and like he said it depends on ALOT of things habitat mostly.

6. im in MA and there are deer everywhere near my spot but i used the fishing line trick and carried tons of trees and branches over and made a barrier so i dont think i have to worry about animals. Someone else had told me to put a see through container with holes over the plants in case of any strong rain, so the only main concern right now is how they will do in the soil i mixed up.

7. lol im outta mass too and i got 26 plants started and im just wating for them to get a little stronger so i can put them outside. im doing this with one of my buddies and together we plan on growing 45-50 plants. to tell you the honest truth i have good luck doing it the plain ole fashion way. i take soil from the farmers field next to me and put them into small plastic drinkning cups and then im gonna just put a plant inot a 5 gallon bucket and bury that and check on it every once in a while plus im growingg multiple plants so im putting them everywhere in my town so if one gets found i have plenty more to rely on

8. Aren´t any bears on my roof (at least, not the last time I looked).

9. damn man thats a lot of plants, im hoping for about 15 which would be a lot for me. you near the cape at all?