Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Want to learn how to grow

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Painkilla240, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Hey guys wanted to learn how to grow some Bud but I have no experience with growing any plants...currently I live with my parents and so I cannot grow bud therefore I was wondering if any of you guys can give me some pointers with growing something else that is similar to bud (to get the practice) because I am most likely going to be moving out next year.

What other legal seeds can I grow to get experience and practice with growing plants...?

I want to do this so when I do grow bud I know mostly everything to it...and when I do grow it it is going to be small nothing crazy big or anything just for personal use...because I typed up some how to grow weed on youtube and it showed be these big elaborate set ups with all these expensive set ups and a big room dedicated to growing...my goals are to have just a small 1 or 2 plants...nothing crazy.

2. thanks for you help tomatoes would be cool...lol
    I can just see myself

ME "mom i am growing tomatoes"
    MOM "why"
    ME "why not"
    Mom "go buy em your self"
    ME "then you aint gettin any of my fresh tomatoes"
    Mom "Then you aint livin in this house"
    ME "I was just kidding mom"

3. ya im poretty sure tomatoes and tobacco are similiar you should see if your parents would let you grow indoors cuz thats the expierience you really nead, it would be that hard to convince them especially if they dont know much about growing weed, just say that you wana keep bugs out and that they will grow better and faster this way, it does seam a bit suspiciouse but if your good at lying it would be very easy to get away with.

4. Tomatoes and pepper plants are good. Both require lots of light and nutrients to produce ample fruit.

Frankly I'd just say start with bagseed though. No plant is exactly like cannabis when it comes to growing it.

5. There are grow boards. Check em out.

6. If your moving out, and they arn't paying for it, its your place by rights, then there is no reason that you need a good excuse to grow some plants hahaha Tomatoes and asking permission to bring soil, ferts, lights, fans, all that stuff in i could see your parents saying no.

However if your parents don't usually go in your room, I'd try doing it stealth like your gonna need to also don't let them know about it or catch ya doing anything funny or out of ordinary, therfore you can grow tomatoes under your parents noses in their hows haha i'm sure you'd get away with marijuana unless ya get cocky.

But Look into the growing forums. Beginners to grow journals, And if your doing tomatoes you might as well get some indoor spices they can easily be grown indoors just sitting in a window for added flavors to foods. Lol then if your caught with tomatoes its not that Freaking weird LOL

7. Thanks for the links.

:rolleyes:

8. Take a look at the front page of the GC forum and scroll down. Pretty easy huh? ;)

9. #10 Liz_Lemon, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
    Who cares how easy it is?
    If you care enough to speak up that there are "grow forums" in that know it, all kinda nancypants way that I read it, then post a helpful link or don't comment. No?
    I also after cruising around here a few weeks just found the freaking store! Had no idea.
    Does that make me stupid?
    It makes me a person who clicked directly through to the forum via some crazy link or google search and I dove in, started reading and signed up, I haven't even had time to hit the other tabs. I'm not even remotely through the stickies that I'm interested in.

10. I think you'll find you'll get a lot more help if you seek it with a slightly better attitude.

11. Yes, I agree, softened that up a bit. LOL!

12. This made me giggle.

13. thanks a lot is Strawberries similar too? Because I rather grow Strawberries then tomatoes anyways this is going to be my plan get the experience before hand and when I do move out I can start ASAP?

14. Strawberries aren't even close.

Your best bet really is to start with 'free' bagseed cannabis. Nothing else is quite like it.

15. [​IMG]

Simpsons did it...

16. A mod should really move this thread to the 'Absolute Beginners' growing section where it belongs.

17. You could always ask for an AeroGarden and do some hydroponic growing..

18. #20 CjX, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
    yes yes yes yes, this method works. I recommend the AeroGarden Deluxe because the light fixture actually extends a couple of feet. This way your growing plants will always get the light they need.

Also the hydroponic growing that the AeroGarden delivers grows most strains in 4-8 weeks, sometimes 4-6 weeks. Go look it up on youtube, lots of good harvests.

AeroGarden Deluxe + Oreck Air purifier and you got yourself the best personal growing tools you can find. The Oreck air purifier also works great at eliminating smoke smell, here's a link

http://www.oreck.com/air-purifiers/xl_air_purifier_tabletop_pro.cfm