Wanna see who's looking at your Facebook?

Discussion in 'General' started by Badfish90, Dec 1, 2012.

1. #101 kancastank, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2012
    these are definitely the people that would look at my profile the most. but are you sure thats the order? what if its the other way around? like if it was meant to be the people you loo at our talk to the most?

edit: nevermind, just read posts above me. ill also try and test that theory out, but i feel like thats not it because i havent been on some of these kids pages in a while

2. bullshit that show shows the order of your friends list

3. In what order?? Alphabetical? Birth date? Size of them titties?

If you're saying that it's the same order of friends that shows up on your wall, then you sir are wrong. My friends list on my wall were far different from the results I got by doing this.

4. In what order?

5. Nope thatd be alphabetical

6. a lot of these people I know pretty well out of all my friends so it makes sense. seeing some o the girls made me smile tho i really hope it isn't who you've looked at most lol

7. Sweet man. sounds pretty legit

8. This is incredible.

Can't believe how much this bitch stalks me, lol. Only known her for a month and she's already #2.

My ex is #6 too :(

Makes me sad/happy that she still lurks...

9. #109 windowless, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2012
    This is very interesting.

I've told about twenty people and went through plausibility of results with them.

In most cases, it does seem a plausible list of people most often visiting your profile.

There were some notable exceptions. My roomate's gf is #2 on his list, and she is always on his page. His #1 is a close friend, whom he called up, and without any context asked "how often do you look at my fb page". ..... "eh... every now and then...not that much" .... that seems unlikely to be a lie, to me.

The #4 on my list is someone I knew in college, and did not know well even then. It has been many years and we have had no contact. So that seems unlikely to be accurate to me, as well.

Lastly, the search string finds the variable "OrderedFriendsListInitialData".
    Facebook has used similar terminology in official correspondence, discussing which friends show up in your profile: "The Friend's list default view is now ordered by the amount of public interaction you have with the friends in your network. When you navigate to your friends page you will see up to 50 friends with whom you have had the most public interaction within the past month and a half. These friends are displayed in a random order...."

The variable name leads me to believe we are finding the "seed" list, that is put through a pseudo-randomizer to generate the list of friends shown on your profile. Which of course begs the question, what information is contained in that ordered list. I don't believe it's as straightforward as we are concluding here, but there definitely is some level of potentially sensitive information out there!

10. Yeah, this isn't exactly a list of who's looking at your profile the most.

The first person on my list is someone who's hardly even on Facebook, let alone viewing my profile regularly (and certainly not more than #2-10 or so on my list), nor have we had very much Facebook interaction.
    She is however one of the first people I added when I signed up for Facebook, so that might be why she's at number 1.

Number 2 and 3 I do interact with a lot. Number 4 is my husband who has only even signed on to Facebook a handful of times. But he is listed as my husband, so obviously he'd be high on the list.

People should take these things with a grain of salt. :p

11. How do you know, just because your list isnt what you expected, it doesnt mean it doesnt work. :rolleyes:

12. my top five are all dudes who I figured were mildly gay inlove with me to start with lol

13. Hey if you wanna fall for another one of these "see who's looking at your Facebook!" ploys, then by all means, be my guest. :p

14. holy shit this works . . . . altho theres a bit of suspicion

some totally random folks on here getting ahead of people i actually know . . . . .

is this just who i talk to most, or is it the person who has viewed my page the most?

15. it does work

16. my mom is number 3 lol of course..

17. It's not a ploy. I have nothing to gain by giving you all this information. I just thought you'd find it interesting.

Looking at all the issues/surprises people are bringing up, it may not be a straight up "who's looking at your profile the most." However, there seems to be a link to a lot of different circumstances.

Whatever it is, this definitely isn't a list of who YOU are stalking the most. This seems to go both ways -- which is something we haven't been able to see before.

18. I'm not blaming you, unless you're the one who created this whole thing and has been spreading it around every social site I frequent. :p

How many times a person has viewed your profile might be a factor in that list, but it's certainly not the only factor.

It's Facebook's friend order list for your page, I don't understand why anyone would think it's only based on who's looking at your page the most. Most likely that's one of several factors including, but not limited to, how much you've interacted with someone, how often you visit their page, how recently you've interacted with them, whether you have them listed as family/spouse, etc.

19. I've admitted I don't think it's only who's looking at your profile anymore either.

But it is more helpful then the friend's chat list. That arranges in alphabetical order and they're not necessarily all the people you interact with. They put in "random" people and alphabetize it to throw it off a little.

This list gives you the people in order but according to what isn't entirely sure. From the lists a lot of people (including me) are getting, it does seem like the amount of visits you get is playing a big part in it.

20. Man I just did this and sucks that most of them are guys I feel bummed out about how few chicks I talk to on facebook these days