Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

wanna-be stoners

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Meeksy, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Nothing rustles my jimmies more than a wanna-be stoner. They make me ashamed to say I smoke pot, (Which I usually don't tell any body anyways, I prefer toking by myself at home, but I have 1 or 2 smoking buddies).
    I hate seeing kids wearing shirts and stuff that advertise their use of marijuana, and talk about how amazing bob marley is, and how the only listen to reggae, and smoke cigarettes, and talk about weed 24/7.
    Everyone knows a true stoner doesn't just advertise their use of marijuana to the world, this is pretty basic knowledge, and it upsets me when I see it.
    Any stories, or know any one like this?

2. I wish I could wear shirts with mushrooms on it and trippy grateful dead shirts but people would be very judgemental. I save my advertising for concerts haha.

3. I can understand concerts man, everyone at a grateful dead concert is to stoned to give a shit anyways lol

4. Yeah I feel ya. I only smoke by myself or with one or two friends. I don't like smoking with a big group of people and I don't advertise I smoke at all.

5. I don't know about "wannabe stoners", but there have been times when I've been inside a dispensary and gotten kind of annoyed/prejudiced with the apparent youth of some of the other patients. It's messed up on my part to pass judgement, pain and diseases don't discriminate by age. It's just that surrounded by youngsters, the place just didn't feel very professional.

6. When I was in highschool (only a few years ago) I found that the kids who talked about pot all the time usually weren't even stoners. The stoners never talked about it because they didn't want to get caught.

But what is a stoner? Or a wanna-be stoner? Hard to use labels like that. Although I do agree those type of people are fucking annoying.

7. Wannabe stoners are the kids who say "look at this huge rip" as they torch the whole bowl on their water bottle bubbler and cough a little smoke out and let the rest stale in the bottle and cherry out and act fucked up for three hours....

8. That reminds me, I used to hot box this room for my friend because his lungs are messed up somehow, (I don't really know what happened to them, he used to smoke with me a lot until his lungs got messed up) and he would always act like he was on a whole 'nother level than I was on, and I was the one actually smoking the shit.

9. Or they are simply kids who tell everyone they smoke, after toking it up once or twice. They simply do it to be "cool" or "in", which is fucking stupid, if you have to do something you don't want to do to be cool then get over it, you aren't popular, and maybe it is for the better.

10. [quote name='"Meeksy"']
    That reminds me, I used to hot box this room for my friend because his lungs are messed up somehow, (I don't really know what happened to them, he used to smoke with me a lot until his lungs got messed up) and he would always act like he was on a whole 'nother level than I was on, and I was the one actually smoking the shit.[/quote]

Or the wannabes who ruin your high with: im high as fuckkkkkkkkkk brooo are youuu dood are u hig man cuz im sooo high as shit dude believe me man.. arre my eyez red cuz the feel red mannn

11. Oh god this. I smoked reggies with this one kid, and he's like "Man, this is some dank as shit man. So fucking dank dude, like Chronic. Holy fuck" and I'm sitting over there like "It's fucking reggies. I payed 5 bucks for this shit."

12. [quote name='"Meeksy"']
    Oh god this. I smoked reggies with this one kid, and he's like "Man, this is some dank as shit man. So fucking dank dude, like Chronic. Holy fuck" and I'm sitting over there like "It's fucking reggies. I payed 5 bucks for this shit."[/quote]

Awful lotta smoking buddies for someone who "prefers smoking alone with one or two buddies"

Jk ;)

13. Lol occasionally I bring weed to my REAL smoking buddies parties (which I don't go to very often, I hate being surrounded by people)
    For the most part, I do smoke alone. Partly because I don't like smoking with many people, and partly because I like to keep my weed to myself. Stingy fucker, aren't I?

14. [quote name='"Meeksy"']
    Lol occasionally I bring weed to my REAL smoking buddies parties (which I don't go to very often, I hate being surrounded by people)
    For the most part, I do smoke alone. Partly because I don't like smoking with many people, and partly because I like to keep my weed to myself. Stingy fucker, aren't I?[/quote]

Stingy people are the ones whho cut in on the circle and don't throw down their moolah or and ganj

15. Also I think its worth saying, I dont know why youd wanna portray yourself as a "good-for-nothing stoner of a slacker" if your not. I like to think that theres a better way to portray mj usage other than confirming to the anti's that bob marley smoked weed and all kids wanna be just like bob.

16. "Wanna-be stoners" also will never pay you back if you front them for weed unless you... gently remind them... constantly. Just sayin'... Also, it's super annoying when they take one fucking puff on a joint and then act like they are blazed for four damn hours.

I once went to a gaming meet-up and whoohee was I ever more advanced than anyone that sat their ass down (including the dealer which shocked me... mind you, this was my first group smoking interaction since I had gotten my vaporizer at home, lol). I watched as joints were fumbled with, bowls were burned and wasted, and fingers all up on those buds. I stayed quiet cuz I blazed about three bags of vapor before I headed to the meet-up (I'm classy like that) and watched as the hipsters progressed into absolute idiotic behavior. One guy, I'm not kidding, literally took one puff of a joint being passed around then laid on the couch for about two hours and decided not to go to his band's show because he was "so fucking high"... I was like "Yeah, later guys!" And went home to smoke a real, quality bowl. Ah... sometimes, smoking at home alone is always better than being surrounded by dumb ass "wanna-be stoners" (/hipsters).

17. I suppose I see things in a different light, and maybe some of you will agree with me. It seems like the general consensus is the "wanna-be" ones are in fact the uneducated toker. People should take it as a cue to share some knowledge of the herb rather than chastise them for not knowing. We live in what is still a sub-culture it is the job of responsible and educated tokers to make sure we aren't all perceived in a negative light. I will occasionally wear shirts or clothes that suggest I am a true lover of cannabis, but because I actually take a certain sense of pride in it.

18. I smoke drugs.

19. I got a friend, we name him Cheech and he ALWAYS wear's weed shirts. Bob Marley, Grateful Dead, trippy shirts, Cheech and Chong shirts(lol) and he rocks long hair and these cool looking shades. He goes to school like this everyday, and no ones judges but i respect him. If i got some weed t-shirts my mom would flip =/

20. i feel like youre talking about my sons father. LMAO. SUCH a phony loser.