Walmart pl bulbs

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by drew456, Oct 8, 2010.

1. So I have been researching growing here on grasscity for quite a while. I have decided to go with a small one or two plant scrog and I have read through the pl ftw thread and decided I wanted to use those for my grow. But the over day while shopping for some regular lightbulbs at Walmart I came across some flat 4 pin 26 watt "cfl" bulbs. Would it be possible to use say 10 me these instead of ordering the bigger bulbs?

Thank you :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2. Not familiar with "flat 4 pin" CFLs or with "pl bulbs". As far as I know, All but the super-sized CFLs screw into regular household light sockets -- in fact, CFLs were designed as a replacement for incandescent household bulbs in the first place so would need to screw into a household socket. Please explain or reference what you are talking about.

3. Well I'm not sure how to link from my phone but the post is by a user named -mu and is called "the best stealth light system? .. PL FTW" it compares hid, cfl, and pl lamps. And to me it it seems like a pl lamp would be great for a scrog grow

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk