wall lining

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by realdozzy, Jan 10, 2013.

1. I have built a grow room using tin foil for the walls. Now i find out that it is a fire hazard. So can i just put some ply sheets over it and paint the walls white.

2. Take the tinfoil down.

There is a couple of things you can do. You can paint the walls white. If you need to cover them with something you can use sheetrock if that is less expensive.

Another way to go is to cover the walls with Panda Film. This is really easy to do and the film reflects a lot of light.

3. So I been building my GR bit by bit, buying piece by piece, so forth and so on.
    I'm a budget guy when it comes to EVERYTHING due my love for money, so I thought I share some love with my fellow GCers..

Mylar...Get some..
    I ordered these from Amazon for like $9.00..

Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets (Pack of 10): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

They're mylar blankets....Used for like camping out and stuff but also used for what WE need it for. These blankets are pretty big and you get 10 of them...And you you ask me, they look VERY reflective...Sure the come folded and what not but if you REALLY wanna straighten it out...Put a towel over it, give it some low heat...

But for $9.00 and the amount of mylar coverage you get...
    I dont think we'll beat this deal guys...If you think other comment a post your link! We're all in together now haha

Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets (Pack of 10): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific <- check it out if your thinking about some mylar.
    I was gonna go with flat white paint until I came across these!

They've also got this thing called Amazon Prime right now. You can use a FREE trial of it and get FREE shipping! Act quick as IDK how long it'll last!

Cheers world!
    #FineSmoking!
    This is what I used. Much better than flat white paint.:D
    Thanks goes to illie with a W for this find.:smoking:

4. Hardly budget prices..
    =================
    OP - Just use foil and be done with it, dun waste money on a tin of paint.

5. #5 marvajuana, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
    These mylar blankets are less $ per ft2 than aluminum foil,They don't tear easily, at 4.5 ft x 7 ft they are easier to hang. Best of all they reflect light real well.
    I had flat white walls before, Mylar is hands down better.:cool:
    Here are the blankets I ordered.

http://www.amazon.com/Emergency-Myl...=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1357834883&sr=1-1

6. White walls are best and simplest option. If you can paint the walls white, there is no reason to pin white Panda on them instead, or pin Mylar (which tears and is hard to clean) over the walls.

7. [quote name='"marvajuana"']So I been building my GR bit by bit, buying piece by piece, so forth and so on.
    I'm a budget guy when it comes to EVERYTHING due my love for money, so I thought I share some love with my fellow GCers..

Mylar...Get some..
    I ordered these from Amazon for like $9.00..

Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets (Pack of 10): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

They're mylar blankets....Used for like camping out and stuff but also used for what WE need it for. These blankets are pretty big and you get 10 of them...And you you ask me, they look VERY reflective...Sure the come folded and what not but if you REALLY wanna straighten it out...Put a towel over it, give it some low heat...

But for $9.00 and the amount of mylar coverage you get...
    I dont think we'll beat this deal guys...If you think other comment a post your link! We're all in together now haha

Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets (Pack of 10): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific <- check it out if your thinking about some mylar.
    I was gonna go with flat white paint until I came across these!

They've also got this thing called Amazon Prime right now. You can use a FREE trial of it and get FREE shipping! Act quick as IDK how long it'll last!

Cheers world!
    #FineSmoking!
    This is what I used. Much better than flat white paint.:D
    Thanks goes to illie with a W for this find.:smoking:[/quote]

There have already been plenty of threads on here Explaing why Mylar blankets suck to use. Just get a bucket of flat white pant for like 10 bucks.

8. I painted my grow box white, when its fully closed its brights as hell in there the can was like 10 buks sidnt even use all of it.