Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

WA state MMJ question!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by jdubb77, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyone ever got prescribed in Washington for heart burn and stomach acid problems? I've had heart burn since i was a younger kid, i've never once seen a doctor. I get hear burn almost every time i eat, but when i've smoked, i get no heart burn. I see anorexia on the descriptions, but i'm not totally sure!

Any advice or whether or not it's an acceptable way to get prescribed MMJ?

2. First, you do not get prescribed medical marijuana in any state. It is a doctor's recommendation and that is why you do not recieve the same protections that a drug user who gets a prescription would recieve (basically the dude who pops 10 oxys a day with a script has more rights than you).

I have never heard of any one getting a recommendation for stomach acid problems/heart burn. Those two afflictions are not covered under the WA law explicitly. However, the WA MMJ laws do have catch-all provision that allows a recommendation for irretractable pain. This is defined as pain that not controlled by conventional methods. Therefore, if you have a medical history in which you have attempted to use other medication to control and deal with the symptoms related to your stomach acid/heart burn and it causes pain that has not been controlled by conventional methods, you will probably be valid in WA.

3. You're covered. Go see a doctor!

According to www medicalmarijuanapractice com - you should be covered for GERD

GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease) "condition in which the stomach contents (food or liquid) leak backwards from the stomach into the esophagus (the tube from the mouth to the stomach). This action can irritate the esophagus, causing heartburn and other symptoms"

Gastroesophageal reflux disease - PubMed Health

Sounds a lot like what's happening to you. Good luck, sir!

4. Hey thank you very much the.tokrrr! I have many of those symptoms that were listed in that link you posted. I guess I better start seeing the doctor to make sure it's really that!

5. Please review the "do you qualify" sticky thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.