W t f cant get no help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by growing up, Aug 6, 2009.

1. #1 growing up, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
    6 week old lowryder female beutiful pistols but still no budding going on its been on 12 12 for 3 weeks now im just a little frustrated right now. Has any body thats grown lowryder before had this problem any advice would be great thanx. Here are some pics...thats a california dream strain the bigger one

Attached Files:

2. what type of lights are you using?

3. looks like its a mh light

4. even if it's a m/h bulb. a m/h bulb won't make it NOT flower....

hps is better for flowering but a m/h will work also...

either the plant hasn't reached maturity or light is leaking in to your room..

5. #5 El_Producto, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
    Run the lights 20/4 or 18/6 for best results with most strains that contain ruderalis genetics.

Even 16/8 is better than 12/12.

They also need more lumens IMHO

6. you need 12/12 to make it bud. that's what he wants.

7. Did you read what I wrote?
    No offense, but how long have you been growing? LOL

8. LMAO Looks like someone needs to go back to the drawing board. :wave:

It's an autoflowering strain that contains ruderalis genetics.

9. maybe the temp is to hot and the humity to low? shouldnt it be like 70-75* and 50 to 40% humity?

i could be wrong though...

10. im using 315 watts multispectrum fluros and 1 150 watt hps not first time grower jus first time with lowryder my california dream strain is nice first time hydro grow

11. Cool. More lumens never hurt though.:D

Yeah, you want to give them more hours of light and they'll start to take off.
    What nutrients are you using?

12. damn if i knew how to grow hydro id help yea. but try the 18/6 and see what that does. check for any light leaking in on the off hours. try using a bloom compound.

13. first hydro grow so im not really sure they came with the stealth hydro kit ( not really worth it to small ) but they call it their special blend lol what ever that means. what would you recommend

14. definitely try 18/6, using 12/12 on an autoflowering strain is kind of pointless and just slows growth

15. Not with an auto flowering strain........they are genetically hardwired to automatically bud. They do not need to have a reduced photoperiod to stimulate flowering.

I agree with the others that have advised you to increase your light period to at least 18 hours. The 50% increase in light will definitely increase the growth rate and in time the flowers will follow.

16. so is this a better type of plant to grow? will it yeild more then the average plant?

17. Not in my opinion........if you are growing it indoors, you might be lucky to get a couple of ozs......They have a pre-programmed lifespan, which limits your yield. A standard strain can be grown under an 18/6 or 24/0 light schedule until you decide to allow it to flower.

You can grow a non-auto strain to 3-4 feet or bigger if you want, while autos will flower when they're at a certain age, without light changes. You're at the mercy of the plants genetics as to your yields.

The other thing is that the auto flowering comes from crossing a sativa/indica with a ruderalis. Ruderalis is pretty much a "ditch" weed by itself, so any potency you get from it comes from the sativa/indica genetics. IMHO, autos aren't quite as potent as regular strains, however there some pretty dank autos out there if you do some research.

The one benefit of an auto is that it is a good strain to grow if you have size/space constraints, as they grow quick and stay small.

18. I agree^^^

IMHO I would never waste money on those genetics. It's a gimmick.

I want the best genetics I can buy, I pay for my electric and water and soil and bulbs. LOL