Voting for Obama a neccesity to keeping the legalization movement alive?

Discussion in 'General' started by Buttery, Sep 1, 2012.

1. #1 Buttery, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012
    Agree, Disagree?

Gary Johnson has no chance, be honest. And writing in Ron Paul will have next to no impact at all. As awsome as those two guys are its not gonna happen. Obama has fucked us over with the dispensary raids and all that, but its something that can be overcame, and I know he has a soft spot in his heart somewhere for pot. And honestly theres more to the raids obviously than only Obama.

But Romney on the other hand, is full on Anti-Cannabis. And NORML gave Paul Ryan a - 10 rating, meaning he has a "Hard on drugs stance". And has voted against medicinal before, so you know decrim or full legal is out of the question with that idiot.

If Romeny would win, what do you think would happen?

edit: I know theres a thread similar to this in Marijuana news and discussion, but im asking, is it a neccesity to vote for obama, and what do you think would happen if he didnt win?

2. Hard to say don't really matter who gets voted ther all schemin fucks so fuck em all

3. It would certainly be worse under Romney. The thought of Paul Ryan being VP even in a different Country scares me too.

4. 1. I highly doubt Romney is going to win 2. Obama is just as anti medical as everyone else, he just lies better

5. Obama is a lying sack of shit

6. Its all up to congress not the president...

7. I'd rather drink turpentine and piss on brush fire than vote for Obama - he is the same as Bush - war mongering, sociopath, lying child of Satan.

What's wrong with having principle and being for legalization? Like voting Johnson or writing in Paul, not because I give two fucks about winning another meaningless election, but rather that I'd not be voting for another war criminal? :smoking:

8. Truth, id rather be part of a longshot solution than make the problem worse

9. How is Romeny any different?

And despite Obama's raids, and bullshit lies, you have to admit the movement has never had more steam behind it even despite that, so obviously Obama cant hold us back

10. This. And if legalization is your main reason for voting, just stay home on election day, please.

11. Never said that lol, but it is up there. Im sorry, i dont like to see lives taken away over a plant...

12. Where did I say Romney differed or was better?

And please; 'the movement has never had more steam'? I wipe my ass with that statement's genuineness. Any momentum legalization is coming upon has nothing to do with Barack Obama - it has to do with a failed political policy of 40 years. It's almost humiliating to this debate you think Obama is such a good choice and in the same breath you mention him continuing raids :smoking:

13. Romney is completely anti weed..no medical or anything..Id pick the tokin black guy

14. Many people here talk about Ron Paul like he's some sort of weed God, and nothing else matters. I disagree with doing away with the lower class, and this was one of his intentions.

Voting for Obama would be voting in a lesser of two evils. Romney has no chance at winning really, he can't even keep his stances on issues straight. He's at a loss in properly executing his party's views for his campaign. Ironically, he called John Kerry out in 2004 for the SAME reasons. :rolleyes:

As gov, his sanity at least seemed in tact. But since running for president he's seemed much more creepy and robotic.

15. I don't think you should vote for a president based on their stance on marijuana

16. LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO

People say this all the time like he's some sort of Hitler who's going to line all the poor people up in front of a firing squad or some shit.

His platform was to cut spending, and he had stated plenty of times that he'd scale back the military industrial complex first and foremost.

:wave::rolleyes:

17. Obama mocks the whole marijuana legalization thing. He says there are more important issues at hand. And I think 4 more years of him would be the same thing on that issue.

We all know Romney would be terrible for the issue, but to be honest there really isn't anything we can do. In my opinion it's a waste of energy to even care that much about it. And really you need the congress to vote on it, then the president has to sign it. So it's really going to take a huge collection of people running this country to free the plant, and I just can't see that ever happening.

18. I'd over vote Obama for Romney, just because Romney is Mormon. Growing up in Utah seeing how corrupt the Mormon religion actually is and that all they care about is money. Plus Mormons are COMPLETELY anti-cannabis.