Volcano Vaporize electricity consumption

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by fatoldsun85, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Hi all,

I've had the volcano vaporizer (digital, easy valve) for a couple of months, (which I recommend to everyone). Just a quick question please.

I've been living in a rented flat for a couple of months and I've just received the electricity bill :mad: and it's not very pretty.

I would like to ask to those who use the volcano, if they noticed a steep increase in their electricity bill since they started using it.

After filling a balloon, should you switch it immediately off or do you leave it on till you need to fill in the next balloon? Does it make that much of a difference? Any tips and tricks with regards to consuming the least electricity possible?
    I use an electric cooker/oven (I used gas in my old place) so that might be the cause of the heart attack.

also, off topic query - I will be moving to Amsterdam soon and I would like to know how possibile it is to grow 1-3 plants for stricktly personal use. What's the tolerence on that and what happens if you get caught? Any suggestions are highly welcome.

Thanks!
    :smoking:

2. Sorry for the off-topic, just wondering what are the pros and cons of the easy valve over the solid one? I'm planning on getting a volcano soon but can't choose, thanks :)

and bump for your thread, I'd also like to know if it uses that much energy

3. The volcano use the same electric as 2 standard lamp bulbs (120w). That is only it's first heating up though, after that it uses more like 1 bulbs worth of electric(60w). So no, using the volcano won't increase your bill by hardly anything. If you turn off a light while you use it, then it won't increase your bill at all.

4. The solid valve is better, but cost more.

5. Check the electricity info on the Volcano. You can easily calculate how much its costing you. You'll need to look up the per kilowatt electricity rate in your town.

6. I'd say you need to concentrate on other things in your house for the electricity bill problem. TV's, Lights, Computers, Fans. Anything that potentially is on 24 hours a day or close to that.

7. cool, thanks for the feedback fellas :hello: