Volcano Digi Switch fix

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by kr9, Feb 21, 2015.

1. If the switches on your volcano digi ever stop working;

1. Use a flat screw driver to pop them out, try not to damage the plastic washers, this can be done quite easily and does not require a lot of force. Try not pull on the switches the wiring harness will disconnect from the circuit board and you will have to take the cover off to reconnect them. 

2. Disconnect the wires they are clips that slide off the terminals mark them L and R (I don't think it matters which terminal the wires connect to but just in case it does mark them). Try not to pull too hard because you will pull the harness off the circuit board.

3. Soak the switches in 99% isopropyl alcohol (iso), 90% is OK any less will just take longer to dry after soaking, I prefer to fully immerse them. Actuate the switches while they are soaking, do this a few times.

4. Take the switches out and let dry on a paper towel, actuate the switches often and flop them on different sides throughout drying...takes approx 30mins for them to dry completely if used 99% iso.  You can install them while still a bit wet if you used 99% iso, but not 90% or less, water will still be present 100% of the time.  Obviously using fans or a tiny amount of heat will speed this process up, maybe like a hair dryer on LOW. Never use a heat gun you will melt plastic very easily and the switch will be ruined, even a hot hair dryer can do this if held close enough so beware.

5. Reconnect the switches and test before popping them back in, if it works gently pop them back into place and enjoy!

My first post here I just used this method two fix both of my broken switches after I cleaned my Volcano...I think dust gets in there and disrupts the contacts, thus why the iso bath works, Kr9.

2. New Switches for your Digit can be found here..
    They usually only break by physically Falling apart. The button will just pop out and expos the inside and the Spring in the Switch.

Volcano Vaporizer Replacement Switch