Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Deleted member 892550, Apr 15, 2016.

  1. I am in no way an expert on plant nutrition. That being said, im aware of a couple fertilizer companies that add vitamins (superthrive, n4tg, hopefully most products with seaweed/kelp).

    Id like to start a discussion specifically on the effect of vitamins (any and all of them), on cannabis, or plants in general if ur a plant physiologist of some sort. Ive found pieces of information on other threads/forums, but i thought vitamins might deserve their own thread.

    Im pretty sure, from what ive found so fat at least, some b-vitamins help reduce stress and improve general health, not sure which one(s). B1 and/or b12 me thinks. Thats about all i got. Anyone feel like dropping some knowledge on the subject?

    I apologize if this is the wrong place for the this thread, but out of the options given, i thought this was the MOST appropriate place for it.

    lovin u (=
  2. Hmm it seems to cost money to access that info. $38 for the pdf )= i appreciate the help but im broke as a joke lol

    lovin u (=
    • Like Like x 1
  3. #5 Deleted member 892550, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2016
    Also found this! Still, i think its worth discussing. I think vitamins are beyond overlooked/underestimated. Ive found some interesting articles at this point, but nothing on any forums/online communities. For convenience, Ill try to quote, instead of pasting url's from this point on

    lovin u (=
  4. "Vitamins as biostimulants"
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Aha biostimulants, that is a term i needed to know, thank u stevebombb! Still just doesnt look like theres alot of info on vitamins out there besides B C and D, even those seem to be fairly recent knowledge (last 60 years or so)

    lovin u (=
    • Like Like x 2
  6. So ive been facinated by all the similairities between haman and plant health. Many of the medicinal herbs we use, are greatly benificial to plants.
    Anyway heres my point.... i use n4tg nutes, in my coco coir, not my soil. theyre a calcium based line. Even they will tell u BK is theyre main selling product. The only things they will tell u about it, is that it contains kelp.... and a secret ingredient; a calcium facilitator.

    Vitamin K2 is a vitamin that has only recently been shown to be important for humans.

    "The optimal amounts of vitamin K2 are still under investigation, but it seems likely that 180 to 200 micrograms of vitamin K2 should be enough to activate your body's K2-dependent proteins to shuttle the calcium where it needs to be, and remove it from the places where it shouldn't."

    Vitamin K2, Vitamin D, and Calcium: A Winning Combo

    Im not saying just because it works on humans, that it will work on plants. But i think its a theory worth investigating

    So, so far, we got vitamins B1 and B12, vitamin C, and vitamin D3.
    Im gonna be doing some tests in this next year or so, on K2. ill post the test in its own thread, and repost the results here (=

    lovin u (=
  7. The lack of discussion could be due (extremely over simplified), to the fact that plants make vitamins rather than consume them. You eat certain plants that are rich in whatever vitamins, but very few, if any, gardeners add Flintstones to their gardens.

    Don't call me on this, like I said it's over simplified. The only vitamins I know of, are certain B vitamins used in cloning solutions, but very little beyond that application.

    • Like Like x 2
  8. B vitamins increase systemic induced resistance. One treatment increases it for up to 10 days. This was only proven about 5 years ago, tho its been known since the 40s. Only 10% ends up in the plant, the other 90% stimilates microbes metabolism in the soil/medium.

    lovin u (=
  9. Source/study?
    • Like Like x 2
  10. #12 Deleted member 892550, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2016
  11. Systemic acquired resistance (SAR)

    the problems with discussion like this is that there is little we can do as home growers to test and come to reliable conclusions. you need a large test base, laboratory conditions, ways to introduce pathogens to study resistance and accurate equipment to measure results.

    not trying to rain on your parade but i don't see how you could test this at home.
    my 2c
  12. Yeah i agree, youd need a large area. But im interested in vitamins in general, not just vitamin B and SAR. Still an interesting discussion tho right?

    lovin u (=

Share This Page