Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Visiting Denver for 4/20

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Boo360, Feb 10, 2013.

1. We'll be visiting Denver for the Cannabis Cup during 4/20. Any suggestions on good glass shops, trails, scenic routes, or any recommendations would be appreciated!

2. Nobody? Seriously?

3. I know man i'm coming from out of state also I have a couple friends there but no plans in concrete. I have tickets for the Denver Cannabis Cup but I am weighing my options as far as drive or fly. Airports are tricky. Havn't been to Denver since I was in teens.

4. We're gonna be driving and hopefully will have some buds of our own waiting there and looking to meet some cool people and trade around for different strains.

Used the Denver Post website to find some cool things to check out while there. We plan on doing plenty of hiking and such since we'll be there for over a week. Already got our Cannabis Cup tickets & tickets to the Cypress Hill & Slightly Stoopid concert.

5. Idk anything about colorado but dude thats sick, damn i've gotta do the same thing one year

6. As far as scenic hikes go, you'll have to travel outside of Denver to the Rockies (probably like 20-30 mins away from downtown or travel up to Boulder, there's lots of trails here. Either way, it would be waaay easier to get to the trailheads by driving. You can get a bus to Boulder for $5 and there are several trailheads within walking distance from downtown Boulder.

If you're into craft beers, go to some of the many breweries around town. The beer in CO is just as good as the bud here!!

I haven't decided if I'm going to stay in Boulder or go to Denver for 4/20. Definitely not going to the cup, instead I'd go to City Hall for the smokeout there (it's free ;D). hit me up when you get here and maybe we can blaze down

Edit: also, i've heard good things about the Leanin' Tree museum and the Aquarium. Never been to either of those though

7. Definitely planning on the Aquarium and Botanical Garden so far. They recommend a picnic there and I think if we could find some quality edibles it would be amazing.

After plenty of reading Ive come to understand that it actually wouldn't even be illegal for a friend to go to a dispensary, buy something, and then gift it to me as non-sales transfers between adults is perfectly legal, from my limited understanding anyways.

I'd heard of the smokeout before but never paid it much attention, but I am now since my wife is only 20 and I'm 21. At the Cannabis Cup their advertising rooms for smoking for adults 21+ and I know that's the law but it definitely makes it a pain just to smoke with the wife. The bus to Boulder sounds like a blessing to as we were looking into spending some time over there. We're going to be there from 4/19 - 4/28 so plenty of time it seems, even to travel somewhere for a day.

Once again the info is much appreciated!

8. I live in the mountains of Colorado and if your looking for some cool stuff to do maybe swing by the Coors brewery the beer inst that great but the tour is, speaking of beer try some of Colorado's craft beers they are really good. As far s glass shops go if your looking to buy a nice peace with some thought and time that went in it stop by illusion glass, and if your just looking to pick up something to blaze with Marley's smoke shop and Heads of State can be a good place to start. Being it summer head up to the mountains maybe Evergreen or Conifer, they are both a short drive from Denver and you can find some really cool hikes and outdoor activities to do. Colorado is an awesome place and im sure you and your wife could have a good time just people watching in boulder. Have a great time in a great state.

9. Coming from East Coast, flying. I know a few people who live in the Denver area but people I have not seen in years. I didn't want to fly because I do not know how hard it is going to be for me to acquire some "personal goodies" for my stay in CO through the 4/20 weekend. Not worried about the cup but more for city hall, CH & SS concert, and just hanging out. If my friends flake on me how hard is it going to be for me to get some necessities? What obstacles am I looking at other than being the out-of-state guy who knows no one? It's just going to be me my girl and my friend. Thanks guys

10. Personal Choices:
    Coors Beer is shitty. Forget the tour and stick to craft brews like Great Divide and Falling Rock Brewery, etc.
    DO NOT go to the aquarium unless you're ten or younger. It's small and not worth the time and money.
    If you go to see a Rockies game, buy a 4 dollar rockpile ticket (in advance) so you can walk in and walk the earth like Cane in Kung Fu.
    If you're in the LoDo area, I suggest:
    The 1Up - Arcade * Bar * Eats - 1925 Blake Street, Denver CO 80202
    cool hole in the wall bar with old arcade games and pinball at 25 cents a pop. Good, fun cheap entertainment
    We got lifted one time and walked in to old school game nirvana!
    16th Street in Downtown Denver offers a free shuttle that runs from the touristy 16th street mall area to LoDo area
    Near Red Rocks.................ALPINE SLIDES! ha ha ha. It should be open by then (google Heritage Square). It's a five minute drive from Red Rocks.
    Downtown Morrison (where Red Rocks is) has MORRISON INN for bomber 34 ounce margaritas and surprisingly decent mexican food. Popular spot before and after Red Rocks concerts
    Anyways. Hit me up if anyone has more questions. Just spewing some random tidbits for now.

11. Mile High Pipe and Tobacco, its a bigger chain but is colorado all the way. Otherwise we have tons of smaller private ones as well. Be careful on any hikes or trails, not sure where you are coming from but the altitude is no joke. Don't underestimate how it can ruin a vacation with just a little over doing it. Rockies games are fun, even though they aren't any good. As the guy stated above me, rock pile tickets are the way to go, but you cannot buy them until something like 5 hours before the game, for sure day of only. So don't kill yourself trying to buy ahead of time. Otherwise welcome soon, you will love it!

ColoradoLegaliz:smoking:

12. p.s.
    not a major thing, but they actually changed the rockpile "day of only" policy because we have rockpile seats for the 4th of July game and a game in September.

Also, agreed on the altitude. Have seen many a guests from out of state get conquered early by trying to do too much in the form of hiking, exploring upon arrival.

13. It will actually be a sight at Red Rocks on 4/20 as out of towners high off their ass take on the hike up to Red Rocks for the show.
    Give yourself time to get into the venue, hydrate early and often and have good walking shoes on that you'll be comfortable in.

14. Wow, did not know that about the pile, thanks for the clarification. And yes, the concert will be a sight, this is for sure.

ColoradoLegaliz:smoking:

15. So hikin up is the preferred way up to red rocks?