Viparspectra V450 VS. Mars Hydro TS1000 - which one is better for flowering?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by KBRA7, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Hello everyone,

I have a full HPS setup and I love it, but it generates too much heat and also draws too many Amps so I decided to replace them with some LEDs. So I bought 4pcs of Viparspectra V450 and 2pcs of Mars Hydro TS1000. Not the best on the market - but hey, it was cheap and I already bought them.

Now I have a dilemma - which 2 of those should I use for my blooming plants?

[​IMG]

V450 actual power is 200W from the wall and TS1000 has 150 true watts. They both use LED SMD technology. As the manufacturers declares, they both cover 2x2 flowering space.
    V450 has 12-band full spectrum LEDs (IR included) and 50 more watts, but TS1000 has a better spectrum for flowering...

Spectrum analysis:
    [​IMG]

If you had to choose 1 of 2 for blooming - what would be your option?

P.S. Sorry for my English. It's not my native language.

2. I would go for the Mars light. The spectrum is so much fatter.

• Like Like x 3
  3. There is a similar comparison on youtube where LED gardener compared an HLG qb120 60 watt light to a viparspectra 120 watt light and grows tomatoes with each the weighs the tomatoes.

The 60 watt white light almost grows as much tomatoes as the Viparspectra with almost twice as much power.

4. Yes, I saw that video after buying 4pcs of VS and instantly regretted buying them. :unsure:
    Oh well... Guess I'll be stuck with them for a while.

Would it be wise to use 2x250w HPS between Viparspectra's to increase red spectrum? I don't need any more light for my tent, but it might be a good idea to add some red spectrum... Like this:
    vs+hps.png
    Whatcha think?

5. The white spectrum quantum board LED is the right choice now. If two or three years ago, Vipar could work.

6. HPS has a problem where they are fairly efficient but only the 400, 600 , and 1000 watt lights. The 600 watt hps is the most efficient bulb. HPS has to burn at a certain hottness and current to get to an efficient operating window.

When you step down to 250 watt hps and 150 watt hps the efficiency of output drops a lot. Like over 50%.

IMO it's not worth growing with or using 250 and 150 watt hps bulbs especially in a larger garden. They are about as efficient as t5HO tubes but run much hotter.

The TS1000 mars lights would be way better then the 250 watt hps lights in the same spot.

Buy one of these if you want to add more red.
    QB11 Quantum Board

Get the deep red version then add some far reds to it as well. Using both deep red and far red with about 4 times as much deep red gives you the Emerson effect and boost your growth rate in flower.
    QB 3 FAR RED

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mars. I'm buying that 1 tomorrow friend produced almost 300 1 photo in a 32x3x63 tent

[420:24/7!]