Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Marvelous, Jun 5, 2009.

1. What you got?

2. Mainly Jazz, gotta be deep in the crate to get that ill shit.

3. About 60 seven inches and 150 or so twelve inches. I've been collecting since my dad gave me a turntable for my 14th birthday. I've already told him he has to will his vinyl/turntable to me when he passes...he wasn't impressed haha.

Most of the 7" are from local/localish punk bands that don't get as much play as they should. The 12" are a real wide variety, from Atmo to Godspeed You! Black Emperor to the Allman Brothers to The Cure to...etc. etc.

4. ...I Care Because You Do - Aphex Twin

[​IMG]

Selected Ambient Works 85-92 - Aphex Twin

[​IMG]

Analogue Bubblebath - AFX

[​IMG]

5. Just picked up my first turntable a couple months ago. So far I've got...

Alkaline Trio/Hot Water Music Split EP
    Omar Rodriguez - Omar Rodriguez
    Omar Rodriguez - Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fungus
    Dan Auerbach - Keep It Hid
    The Black Keys - The Big Come Up
    Lifesavas - Spirit In Stone
    Wu Tang Clan - 36 Chambers
    Portishead - Third
    Alkaline Trio - Remains
    Mogwai - The Hawk Is Howling
    Godspeed You Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven
    Clutch - Jam Room
    Minus the Bear - They Make Beer Commercials Like This
    Beastie Boys - The Mix-Up
    Beck - Modern Guilt
    Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

6. Man, I've got breaks, & breaks, & breaks.

Seriously I need a room for that shit, and crates. Rocking some psych right now i found in the $2 bin, gave Public Image Ltd.'s Metal Box a spin the other night, and totally stole my friend's copy of Lord Quas' "Astronaut" EP for about a week (vinyl only son). It's about time to restock my shelves however. If only my pockets weren't so dry.

7. Creedence, Cash, Haggard. I have Black Sabbath's debut. Dark Side of the Moon. Purple Rain. Oh I can go deeper. I think I may have an Adam Ant or a Pat Benetar here somewhere. OH fuck me...AIR SUPPLY 45!!1

8. about 200 of my dads records from the 60's and 70's. mainly all hard rock/ psychedelic rock.

9. vinyl=life

i have about 200 records...some of my favorite catches though are....

the worst of jefferson airplane- $1
    the best of the doors- $.50
    two the best of the beatles, different gen albums- $.50
    george carlin- $1
    the wall- pink floyd- $2

and about 50 records that are worth $15 a piece that i got for a bundle as $20
    including
    kansas
    black sabbath
    aerosmith
    bob dylan
    clapton
    grateful dead
    tool

10. Its a long story but about two months ago I sold my collection of around 1500 lps to a friend...now I am sad and miss them terribly..
    Will just have to start a new collection...

11. my dad's old cheech and chong records.

12. Unless they were brand new there's no way in hell they're worth 15 a piece dog

13. I have a record that's worth 45-50

14. where i am from, anywhere you find records they go from about 15-20 unless they are just hella shitty

15. dark side of the moon. bought it at a thrift store for 99 cents. i dont collect vinyls but i just had to buy this one. :D

16. He's naming really common bands to be on vinyl. I know multiple stores where they are 1 or 2 dollars for near mint condition

17. I have about ten lying around. two or three are Billy Joel, who is my hero, and the rest are random classic rock bands. I just love how records sound. They sound old and having grown up lsitening to the radio, and because my dad specially installed an eight track player in his car for the hell of it, I just get this huge nostalgia kick when I listen to them. It's nice that the sound isn't perfect quality.

18. #18 Deleted member 118531, Jun 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2020
    -