Vintage Vaporizer???

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Sploo, May 25, 2010.

1. Hey, dudes.

So i was going through some stuff for a garage sale we are having and i came across what looks to be an old vaporizer. Now, i seriously doubt it was used for marijuana but i'm going to see if i can perhaps modify it.

I have pictures but they're crappy, so this is what the top says:
    Automatic Electric
    VAPORIZER
    Medicant must be placed in this tray only. use 1 teaspoon or less

So yeah im not entirely sure why im posting this... i guess just because it's cool. Also, if anyone has any information on this beast let me know.

Adios

Attached Files:

2. it's a steam vaporizer, not the same as volcano, MFLB, iolite, etc

3. is that used for smoking or is something you use when you got a cold :D

4. thos are called humidifiers, you just put water in there and it humidifies the room helping you breathe at night.

im not sure what the OP has.

5. If I were you, I'd clean that thing up, stick a teaspoon or less of pot in there, and see for yourself :smoke:

6. what you have there is a humidifier, i wouldn't mess with it but it can help you out.

Growing up i had really bad asthma so i had to sleep with one of those so the steam would add moisture to the air in my room and open up my the air ways in my lungs.

Maybe you could use it to warm up before you smoke or vaporize to ease your lungs, so you can take bigger hits.

idk thats what i would do man.

7. vaporizer/humidifier... same thing guys. OP I doubt that will get hot enough, good luck and let us know

8. lol no.

A humidifier is a household appliance that increases humidity (moisture) in a single room or in the entire home.

A vaporizer is a device or system used to extract and deliver for inhalation the active ingredients of plant material, commonly cannabis, tobacco, or any of many other herbs or blends.

they are totally different things. even tho they might be marketed as "vaporizers" they are not the same thing.

9. btw wikipedia for the win :)

10. how can you argue with this guy?he had asthma ,like his sig says,HE SEEN'T IT.lol hes right though

11. yeah man i had that too when i was a kid. thats why i knew what it was too lol

12. Yeah, as it turns out i am just retarded. It is just a humidifier, although when you see something old that says "VAPORIZER" on it you tend to get excited...