Viewpoint on Marijuana vs. Tobacco/Alcohol

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Most Blunted, Apr 3, 2009.

1. I am new to grasscity and just wanted to see if anyone else agreed with a point that I have discussed with my friends.

Why is it that legal drugs such as tobacco and alcohol are described as habits when a person is addicted? In my opinion, a habit is chewing your fingernails or something like that. The word "habit" has a very innocent connotation to it.

Then illegal drugs such as marijuana (which I believe is addictive but not to the extent of tobacco or alcohol) are regarded as addictions. The word "addiction" has a VERY negative connotation and is used with much more harmful drugs such as meth or cocaine.

Is this a way that the government uses to make marijuana seem worse than it really is?

I don't know, my opinion is yes but I'd like to hear what you guys think.

2. dude, everyone on this website knows this and most likely agrees with what you said

3. aight i was just wondering cuz like i said i'm new i just signed up like an hour ago

4. [​IMG]

^ You're preaching to it, son.

5. I use marijuana so infrequently I couldn't even call it a habit.

But that's the thing with weed...it's non-addictive. Habit-forming, possibly, but non-addictive.

Alcohol and nicotine = known additives. You're right: it's just the government dumbing down the bad things that they get taxes from, and exaggerating the negatives of a wonderful plant.