Video's wont load completely

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by pianowski69, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Whenever I try to watch a video, be it from youtube, wimp.com, or yahoo news, or anything else, the damn video wont load completely.
    This started happening about one month ago and it's really starting to get annoying.

The video will load, but only about one minute at a time. Then I have to click a little past where it froze in the player. Then it plays normally, but still only loads for one minute, and I have to click past the marker again.
    When it loads, it loads super fast like it always has. But then it just stops.

On wimp.com sometimes I can get lucky and it will load the whole video, but nine time out of ten it wont.

What could be the problem?

2. Maybe youre low on ram? Flash might be having issues too. Try closing unnecessary background processes. If that doesnt work, try reinstalling flash player.

3. Hit *** ctrl and delete and then click start task manager. From there click on performance and see how much ram you are using.

4. Why is "***" blanked out in my other post lol?

5. [quote name='"smokinthaherb"']

Hit *** ctrl and delete and then click start task manager. From there click on performance and see how much ram you are using.[/quote]

Since "4lt" is censored control shift escape will open the task manager directly.

6. Why the hell is 4lt blanked out?

7. I just looked on urban dictionary to see if it was some weird slang term and it's not, but they also said in html it's the alternative text attribute of the img tag. So that could be a reason.

8. Thanks for trying to help. But I reinstalled my flash player and no luck.

And in my task manager, the cpu usage jumps between 5% and 15%. and when im watching a video it jumps between 25% and 35%.

This is really annoying. The video's literally load one minute at a time on youtube. and on wimp its hit or miss.

9. In the performance tab of the task manager, how full is the memory while watching videos?

10. Its at 2.32 GB out of 4

11. Strange. You may have a virus, though im not sure. It could be an external problem from your modem, router, or isp as well.

12. If I were to have to get a new ISP, would I just have to call my internet provider?

13. ISP stands for internet service provider. And go to speedtest.net and tell us what you get. And run a test here to make sure your not being throttled.

14. I just thought he meant isp address.
    And in the speed test i got Ping: 33ms, Download: 12.55mbps, and Upload:5.05mbps

And that other test wont let me run in because it says that I dont have a Java plugin, which I do. But for some reason its not finding.

15. I tried the glasnost test again and it worked.
    But it says There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your FlashVideo uploads. In our tests, uploads using control flows achieved up to 1571 Kbps while uploads using FlashVideo achieved up to 1572 Kbps.

16. Did you recently install any web protection / firewall programs?

17. It's probably some time-out issue, where for whatever reason the video-stream is interrupted. Either by your computer or your router/modem.

What you could try, is disabling UPnP on both ends. On your PC, hit windows + R, this will open the run option. In the text field, type in "services.msc". Then find UPnP Device host, and disable. This service will restart next you boot up, but you just really need to reset it, so doesn't matter.

Next, open control panel -> Network & Internet -> View network computers and devices. Then double-click on your router under network infrastructure. This will open the control interface for your router (assuming you have admin rights to it naturally). There you should be able to turn off UPnP.

When done, visit youtube or whatever and tell me how it worked :)