Video makes you think

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by icrazy2u, Apr 19, 2011.

1. #1 icrazy2u, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2011
  2. My buddy showed me that.. crazy shit i couldn't believe it

3. How many times is this video gonna be posted on GC? And what does it have to do with science?

• Like Like x 1

4. I didn't know my bad, calm yourself... and it has to do with science because we rely on science to find out what UFO's are. Also the fact that Area 51 is where they experiment on stuff. Terrible question.

5. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_HrQVhgbeo]YouTube - 'The God Particle': The Higgs Boson[/ame]

6. that's your opinion and youre entitled to it. i thought it was very interesting , love every aspect of quantumn mechanics . sorry hypothetical massive elementary particles doesn't interest you :laughing:

7. And thats why I'm not majoring in it.

8. I found Smurf's video more interesting than aliens, thanks for posting. :bongin:

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'm into UFO's - there has been no increase in the number of sightings this year over any other year. Chinese sightings in 2010 don't point to an increase in sightings in 2011.

What we have seen an increase in is the number of hoax videos being posted on YouTube and it's already started to screw things up for people who are seriously interested in the subject. So many of them are very bad fakes, we have to admit that, not cling to them as though they're certain proof of anything. There are good cases, definitely, but you have to dig past the wealth of bad cases to find them.

It's sad that the majority of misinformation about UFO's hasn't come from our governments, but from others within the field of UFOlogy. It's big business, and the very people who are meant to be bringing us the truth are in most cases knowingly not. I can think of a list of people who have purposely misled us and who continue to do so in books and films. In some cases they were caught unquestionably (such as when Hancock and Bauval lied about the outcome of an official radar scan of the Sphinx), people still believe every word they write.

There's a very fine line between eager and gullible that I crossed many times when I first began to explore the subject.:)

I have no doubt that 'they' (whatever they are) are real, but to be honest, if you look at The best of the world's knowledge of UFO's gained over the last 60 years, we know no more about them now than we did at the start. We see things in the sky.

MelT

10. nor , am i :D

chemistry here.

11. I'm not doubting you but how do you know that there a lot of hoaxes? How do you know they aren't legit? From what I've seen and researched, there has been an increase in sightings and legit recordings.

12. i dunno, it was a lot of weird freaking shit in there, that spiral thing that turns into a blackhole like manifestation :eek:

i was always against the thought of aliens i though it was mostly a bunch of hoaxes
    like the crop circles for instance

i guess if they're going to destroy us at least i saw it coming :eek:

13. That spiral thing was definitely legit. That was not made from anything man made unless it was some secret government technology that is many many years ahead of what the public knows about.

And theres no way all of crop circles are fake. I mean some are hoaxes but a lot of those are made by ETs. It's almost undeniable.

Also, I don't think they will destroy us :)

14. #15 IwasA.Smurf, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2011
    I watched this video twice and everytime every hair on my body was standing up.

i sure as heck can't explain it.
    its definitely an eerie video that does truly makes you think

just all the people in complete awe were like wtf is THAT :eek:
    definitely not acting ..

p.s. if any one can tell me what the name on the song is , ill love you forever and +rep you:eek:

15. no offense to the UFO buffs but people have been saying there are more sightings in larger area's with more people seeing them etc. for well over 10 years.....if 'something' happens great....but heard this before

16. All I know is that the government needs to tell the public what this ish is. They know what the stuff is. And also, I find it kinda easy to believe that the government tries to dye down the population, cause if there was to many people, they would over run the government if they didn't like it. ex. Bayer (the medicine company) started AIDS and the FDA did nothing about it when they dumped it overseas to make a profit.

17. That call was creepy as fuuuuccckkkk

18. I know they aren't legit through my work and the work of others who have analysed them. Usually this analysis isn't done by governments with an agenda to hide their existence, but people like you and I who have access to studios who believe in UFO's and are hoping to find real proof of them.

Whole swathes of UFO videos have been shown to be CGI graphics. The Jerusalem videos for instance were taken apart by a good audio-visual team and shown be a still 2D picture with moving animated overlays. The breaks in the soundtrack where it had been spliced together were also shown. Anyone can use the software 'Audacity' to check out soundtracks, it's very easy to spot.

Although I only dabble now, I was a computer artist for about 15 years, doing everything from enhancement and analysis to computer games. I'm familiar with animation techniques and what tricks are used to make say, small things look big on screen and how to spot graphics that have been tampered with.

Many vids are shot through glass; a sheet of glass (or a window) is stood between the photographer and the landscape - then someone with a light source, such as an LED, on the same side of the glass as the photographer moves it around. Through the camera, the light reflection looks like it's actually in the landscape. This is really common, I've seen it done in 'remarkable' UFO cases twice using just a bedside lamp. It's easy to spot though. Take a couple of frames of the movie into photoshop and slowly bring up the brightness, if you examine the scene carefully you might see the shapes of cameraman, someone's room, or even the hand holding the light source in the shadows of the picture. You may need to add more red or blue, depending on lighting conditions, but if the glass method has been used, you'll see them.

If you get photosop, go to the Jerusalem first vid, if you slow it down and take some frames from it you'll see that as the 'UFO' takes off it moves in non-motion-blurred steps, which is a pretty low-level work by whoever made it.

As I said, I've seen no increase at all, only in hoaxed cases that are, for the most part, put out on YouTube to promote 2012 theories.

MelT

19. maaan. rained all over my parade haha. could you tell us if there were any legitimate clips in this video?