Video: Cannabis and Spirituality and the Meaning of Life

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by LittleJacob, Apr 17, 2012.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZXb1fAXSL8&feature=related]Cannabis, Spirituality, and the Meaning of Life - YouTube[/ame]

Nice little video I came across randomly. The guy talks about a variety of topics about weed. About how superior weed is to alcohol... about how it is not just a tool of escapism as many imply, not a tool for running away from reality but as a tool for embracing and enhancing reality.

He gets deeper in the end too talking about some philosophical/spiritual topics, and touches on the relationship between cannabis and personal spirituality.

I agree with him on most all the points.

"This universe is not about us it's about the universe." --> really liked that little quote

Check it out. Discuss. Enjoy. Peace :smoke:

2. If only he wasn't so worried about how long it was.

3. Bravo! Very insightful.

4. Very cool video. Thanks for sharing!

5. Yes! "The question is flawed." I wish everyone had the chance to really study science (not just the ABC's you learn in high school) because I'm convinced that they would understand how beautiful and connected our world really is, and how attaching an artificial meaning to our existence in comparison to the UNIVERSE is totally ridiculous and unnecessary.

6. This was an amazing watch.

7. "I love looking up at the stars at night, I love learning about new things in physics, I love learning about all the different varieties of animals and how they evolved and how plants synthesize food from light, and all sorts of other crazy things like that its just...fucking awesome to learn about this kinda stuff."

Lol, thats whats up!

8. Very interesting perspective, I have thought the same things he has said but not put in such an eloquent manner. He is correct in how he examines our existence. Though he seems to be opposite to the view Human kind has a manifest destiny to go into the stars and install our prominence throughout the known universe, I think it is about us. We have the tools, the people, the resources to make us the most dominant and affluent intelligent species in known and beyond known existence. I believe this is our goal as we come ever closer to outgrowing our abode here on Earth, and we expand beyond our means.

The Universe is us, we will re purpose it to our advancement.